Lotsa Work

I am *still* working on my stereo cabinet. Admittedly not daily. This stuff takes serious time.
Last night I finished the face frame. Well almost as it needs light sanding then another coat of poly. Then I need to cut and stain and poly the back I forgot to attach. I wonder if I should have just nailed in some of that fancy solid cardboardy lookin stuff you always see on the back of stereo cabinets.
Now I need to cut about 3 shelves, cut some end pieces to glue over the edges since the shelves are plywood. Stail. Poly. Then I need to make the door. Cut holes in the cabinet for heat and power coards which I probably should have done before I put on the stain and poly.
On the bright side its looking good. I need to take pictures. But I spent all my money on tools...The stereo is on its way so I gotta get this done over the weekend.
People that get paid to make cabinets and furniture deserve what they get. This is lotsa work.
--
Thank you,

"People that get paid to make cabinets and furniture deserve what they get. This is lotsa work."
Yeah, but think how much faster you'll be able to make the NEXT one.
And the bragging rights never expire. :-)
"Yeah, but think how much faster you'll be able to make the NEXT one."
An axiom I learned in programming applies in many aspects of life:
The best time to start a project is just after you finish it.
I'm working on an entertainment center myself, and it's been a constant learning experience, for around 2.5 months. Bleh. At least I'm within a few weeks of finishing, though. :-)
Pah. That's nothing. MY stereo cabinet is going on 2 years
N Hurst wrote:

that 'finishing' can take a while ;)
--
Thank you,