lost a nut from my skilsaw

I have lost a nut from my skilsaw, model# 5580. This nut is used to tighten the depth adjustment with the the base plate. None of the random spare nuts I have fit. From this page I can download manual and parts list:
http://www.skiltools.com/Parts-And-Service/Pages/Owners-Manuals-And-Parts-Lists.aspx
The parts list is super vague. I want part #44. This is shown in the picture for the parts list on the model 5480 saw, but the model 5580 parts list is lacking a picture. Both use the same part number: "1 619 X00 677" with description "Nut".
It costs a buck plus shipping and I can expect a week for that shipping.
Or if I could find out diameter and threading, I could (hopefully) buy it today from a hardware store. Searching the web by part number does not get me more details.
The bolt is not easily removed from the saw to bring it into my hardware store. The bolt looks like 1/4-20, but nuts that fit that size don't fit this. The similiarly sized metric nuts (m6x1) don't thread on either.
Can someone identify the part?
Elijah ------ yay for parts lists, boo for lack of detail
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 20:09:58 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded

Take the whole saw to the hardware store or your local fastener shop and see if they have something to fit.
On 1/9/2014 3:09 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:

There were two ways to read that sentence. Happily, you meant it in the less painful sense.
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

With a sharp blade it may not hurt... at least not right away. ;~)

My thoughts exactly. I thought, "Oh noooo..., not another shop accident story." Then I thought, just how would he do that?
Then I saw that it was a hardware problem. In that case just go to your local fastener place and let them find it for you. Anybody who works with tools or machinery needs a relationship with fastener and bearing houses. Those guys have saved my ass on many occasions. The world could not operate without them.
On 1/10/2014 10:21 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

No kidding, how did he just loose 1 nut? ;~)
On 1/11/2014 11:25 AM, Leon wrote:

Precision: The hallmark of the true craftsman.

Why not take the saw to the hardware store?
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:09:58 AM UTC-10, Eli the Bearded wrote:

Sounds like it could be 1/4-28 fine thread