Looks like I'm gonna do it again.

For those of you who remember what "Jummywood" is - hey there old friends. In the process of making things happen all over again. 12 years since the divorce and my life has completely turned around during those years. By ne xt spring, my beautiful Christian wife of 6 years and I will be moving to t he snow-laden land of Minnesota with a house on a lake and a heated 40' x 6 0' shop with insulated slab and plenty of place for wood storage and fabric ation. It's not a dream come true but more like an answered prayer. Began "locating" some of the tools I still had when "Future Collectibles" was al ive back in Texas and believe it or not, I've found a LOT of them. The blo ck planes needed re-working but it didn't take long to remove the surface r ust and bring the blades back to a loving and wonderful "scary sharp" as we ll as the chisels. Main equipment purchases will be the table saw, drill p ress, mortising machine, spindle sander, and planer. More will be added as the funds become more available but it's a definite GO. This old "piney-w ood" country boy is excited to get it all going. I've still been in touch with me old top bloke Phil (Phully) Laird. The guy who helped bring me out to Vegas to begin my new life was Harvey Klene. We lost him a couple of y ears ago - but I was able to help him set up his beautiful shop the year pr ior to his death. Just wanted to shout out and look forward to posting som e pics (if I can remember the page) Later.

Good to see ya, Jimmy. Congrats on the move.
djb
--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes
On 4/18/2014 4:21 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Forget the mortiser.. Some festoolie here will try to convince you that a domino is the way...
He might be right, or you can just use your router, or just chuck up a spiral bit in your drill press and drill it out...
Glad you got some of your stuff back..
--
Jeff

On 4/18/2014 3:21 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Good luck to you Jim. Enjoy the Lords house.
On 4/18/2014 1:21 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

Ah ha! Couldn't stay away, huh? This place is still pretty much the same: some different names, but otherwise the same old shit. Sounds like the "little woman" has toned you down. Good on her.
Minnesota is a lovely place in the fall. Walleye is some of the best eatin' anywhere. My grandparents and some uncles farmed in northern MN. Having been a junior farmhand for a few summers, I discovered that farming was not for me. Keep in mind the local seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.
Maggy and I are living in Carlsbad, CA. Good place. Gave most of my tools to my youngest daughter who is doing some good woodwork. That kid has more talent for more things than I can imagine. Jealous.
Anyway, keep in touch. My email is as above, just remove the obvious (am also on Facebook). Oh and here's a famous prayer for you: From ghosties and ghoulies, from long leggedy beasties, from things that go bump in the dark, Lord protect us. Amen.
    mahalo,     jo4hn
Jimmy McNamara wrote:

I still have the picture of your patented step stool with hand hold, but have never gotten around to building one. I need the hand hold but the step is probably too high for me.
--
 GW Ross

 Everybody has a right to be stupid,
Good to see you Jummy!
Thanks to Steven Musial for alerting me to this thread....
On 4/21/2014 4:48 PM, David Eisan wrote:

Hey kid! Are you still that guy on the street? LOL
On Monday, April 21, 2014 9:06:25 PM UTC-7, Leon wrote:

Yes, that is still me! Miss you Leon!

On 5/10/2014 5:26 PM, David Eisan wrote:

Still the terror of your neighborhood David? LOL Good on you!
It's like old home week. Next Larry will be showing up with his bowsaw and Keith with el Guapo

David, do you still have your webpage? I lost the link and use to love looking at your stuff, especially the staircases. TIA