Looks like chicken...

Page 1 of 3
Human muscle tissue looks just like raw chicken. Did anyone ever notice that?
Remember that "most dangerous tool" thread from awhile back? Chisel! DEFINITELY a chisel.
Gack. I'm going to have to unwrap this thing real soon now and see if I need stitches.
I would have gotten stitches already, but I have no freaking idea how to use my insurance. It has changed six times in seven years, and I haven't used it since the guy five doctors ago moved out of town. I have no idea who has my records, who my designated "gatekeeper" is, or which hospital I'm allowed to use, though it's a safe bet that I'm not permitted to be cared for at the hospital 1/2 mile from my house, where I and both of my children were born.
Piss, piss, piss! I hate the whole medical establishment in this country!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gack! Go to the emergency room, now! Most cuts like a chisel only have 60 to 90 minutes, before stitches won't do any good.
It would be the very rare insurance that would not cover an emergency room visit ANYWHERE, if it is a true emergency. Take your card, receipt or policy, anything with a number.
Get going.
--
Jim in NC

"...looks like chicken....." I remember thinking the same thing. Pumpkin carving incident, 1995.
ez-link network wrote:

It *does* too. It was really creepy. That realization was a lot worse than any of the rest of it.
Kinda puts being a carnivore into a whole new light, doesn't it?

Did you get stitches?
--
Jim in NC

Spit on it and pack it with sawdust, Works for me everytime<G>
But if it is that bad Jim is right, at worst there is a 50.00 deductable. However do not tell them it was done last week, most emergency rooms will only declare it an emergency if it happened in the last 48 hours, they will actually tell you, this is not an emergency go see your doctor. Yes they smile when they tell you this.
So does my proctologist when he says "Bend Over Please"
Just be carefull to keep it clean and don't let it get infected, this you will know without help
George

60
Well then, sounds like you have to freshen up that wound, so they can both declare it an emergency, and use stitches to close it.
I recommend a crisp blow to the old wound with a scarey sharp 1" chisel. Word of warning, it hurts more the second time. You may want to put a stick between your teeth so you don't bite off your tongue.
So I installed it on Linux...
David Binkowski wrote:

LMAO!!
That's OK. I think I'll pass. :)

will
Re-read the post. He said he had to take the rag off to see if he needed stitches. Sounds like it just happened.
Let us know how it comes out, Michael. Good luck.
--
Jim in NC

Morgans wrote:

By the time I posted the message, it was already too late then. I dumped alum on it and wrapped/taped it with gauze, then finished the project I was working on, taking care to keep my damn hands out of the path of the chisels.
I don't know if using alum is actually a medically sanctioned good idea or not, but it damn sure works. Turns black, makes the wound clot up fast. One of Mom's tricks.
"This product should not be used as a dusting powder as it can be harmful. Alum should be used only when diluted as directed."
Well I guess it's *not* a medically sanctioned good idea. I wonder what "harmful" means in this context.
Well, anyway, too late for that now. My finger works, and it isn't infected. I plan to keep it that way.
I think I'll be fine, but thanks for caring. :)
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:07:27 -0400, Silvan wrote:

The good news is that your scary sharp technique seems to be improving :-)
-Doug
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Yeah buddy, you got that right! I didn't stick it into my hand or anything like that. It really just barely grazed me.
Probably a good thing.
Silvan wrote:

No it doesn't. Human muscle looks like beef. Cold dead humans smell like cold chicken. Trust me on this.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message

cold
At least it didn't look like a scene from "Kill Bill"!
Well, it'll feel better when it stops hurtin.. Jon
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Maybe it wasn't muscle then? Fat? My fingers aren't very fat, but I guess there might be some layer in there. It looked for all the world like raw chicken breast.
Silvan wrote:

Not trying to be gross... I grew up on a ranch and we did our own butchering. I had one run-in with a sharp hog-wire barb wire fence that cut my leg badly. I was able to observe, first hand, that the skin is an organ about 1/4" thick that covers the muscle. The muscle underneath looked *persactly* like beef & venison meat. (& twiching where it was cut at an angle.) Though it was stiched shut it pulled apart before totally healed. I can still feel it, right now, more than 20 years later.
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote:

Gack.
Now, how am I supposed to know that, suddenly, eating breakfast while perusing htis group is not such a good idea...? Maybe some sorta warning label in the subject line, kinda like "OT" is being used ;-)
Renata
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:25:48 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Well, I suppose you might want to know about "fast" versus "slow" muscle. Your chicken has both, as do you. The mix of fibers and the hemoglobin saturation determine the color. My fingers are white meat, as I recall. The guy who wishes he had been wearing his chaps while chainsawing the other day was dark meat in the thigh.
NB: In the US you are entitled to all the care money can buy, in Canada, all the care they're willing to give you....

like
guess
Did you see the ABC News series they're running this week? The other day they said that in the US, the rich are happy with their medical care. Others, not quite so.
Renata
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:12:45 -0400, "George"
--snip--