Looking to buy Dry Erase Board Raw Material

I need to create a dry erase board in a custom size to fit a cabinet side and I'm looking for a source for the raw material to make it.
Also, how would I cut/break the stuff to size?
Thanks Norm
Pick up at any local building supply, S-lowes, or Home Despots... Paneling section... Bath tile board AKA Melaime [sp?]....
Standard size is 4ft X 8ft and I think 5/32nds but can't recall for certain.
Try most any saw or you can score it with a razor knife & straight edge prior to breaking.
Bubba ~~~_/) ~~~ On Apalachee Bay - The Pirate Coast Home of Billy Bowlegs and Mysterious Waters Wakulla County, Florida ~Wet Dreams~ Hull Number 158
need to create a dry erase board in a custom size to fit a cabinet side<BR>and I'm looking for a source for the raw material to make it.<BR><BR>Also, how would I cut/break the stuff to size?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Norm<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
--------------54AC0D31F45D3EA0D97A441F Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
White bath surround board is what I used to make a dry marker board for a classroom. Add a frame, marker tray, and enough 1 x 2 stiffeners to prevent bowing.
I have one thing to add. Before using the board for the first time, put several coats of acrylic floor wax on it to fill the surface's pores
and provide a smooth surface. I used Future floor polish. This will make it much easier to wipe the board clean without leaving "ghosts".
ARM
007 wrote:

--------------54AC0D31F45D3EA0D97A441F--

Don't know where you live. We have Staples business depot. You didn't mention size.
Cutting: with a saw?
Dan.
I believe Wilsonart is selling this now. Might want to try and find the local distributor.
UA100
Norm Dresner wrote:

Check for white surfaced tempered hardboard (Masonite) at your local lumber yard. It can be sawed and routed.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
Norm Dresner wrote:

The stuff comes magnetic and non-magnetic. The non-magnetic usually melamine, which you cut like wood or like countertop laminate. A readily available variety is melamine over Masonite which you can get at Home Depot. The magnetic is usually porcelain over a steel backing--you can cut it with a cutoff wheel in a circular saw or angle grinder or with a metal cutting blade in a saber saw. In either case, be careful not to bugger it up--the melamine scratches and the porcelain chips.
In either case make sure it's mounted securely--there's little that is more annoying than a writing surface that won't hold still.
An online source is <http://www.audio-visual-carts.com/page23.html --I have no idea how their prices compare--they also have the nonmagnetic in rolls at <http://usmarkerboard.com/pagePolyRite.html . They say they will cut to size.
<http://www.walltalkers.com/ has a variety of white-board materials in a form similar to wallpaper--they don't near as I can tell do direct sales though.
Note that I've not done business with either of these outfits--your question got me curious as to where one _does_ get such material.
A _cheap_ source for the magnetic would be to cut a piece out of a dead refrigerator or freezer if you happen to come across one.

--
--John