Looking for WoodWorking magazine

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.     Your never too old to learn something new. Ron

No kidding it's not Woodsmith. I can't imagine them doing anything that artistic. It's not where they are.
Ron, the Rebel wrote:

Take another look, Ron. It was in the current issue of Fine Woodworking, the master class article, page 104, 'Curved stretcher adds grace and legroom'.
Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:
on 4/7/2005 6:32 AM Rebel said the following:

I recall seeing just such a writing desk in the last week or so. So we know we're talking about the same article. Desk was light colored wood and had horizontal members (mortis-tenoned, IIRC) on three sides firming the legs. Not sure if it was spalted maple or not.
The curved piece you refer to was parallel to these crossmembers and, I think, tied into the "back" piece. It curved from the left front leg all the way around to the right front. Same dimensions as the other pieces.
Only magazines that I have been looking at recently were ALL Fine Woodworking. Unfortunately, in addition to several newer issues, I was looking through some issues from back in 1996-1997.
Was it this one????
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features/fea.asp?id 68

Here's a resource or two for you (watch the wrap)
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ww_tables/article/0,2049,DIY_14446_ 2277820,00.html
And the Dec 04 issue of Woodwork had an article by Michael Cullen on bent lamination of some radical curves.
Patriarch
Rebel wrote:

OK, here's something new: it's "drawers"; not "draws". And "you're" never too old to learn something new. "Your" indicates ownership.
The Spelling Police

Neither are misspelled.
patrick conroy wrote:

Bwahahahaahahahaahaa! LOL!
The Spelling Police wrote:

What can I say it was 5:32 AM CST
    I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that magazine.
    I have a book on bending that I would recommend: Wood Bender's Handbook. It covers steam bending, laminating and others, though no chemical treatments.
-Steve
Rebel wrote:

--

BargainBirch.com
The Internet's lowest prices on Baltic Birch plywood