Looking for WoodWorking magazine

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door. Your never too old to learn something new. Ron

Reply to
Rebel

No kidding it's not Woodsmith. I can't imagine them doing anything that artistic. It's not where they are.

Reply to
George Max

on 4/7/2005 6:32 AM Rebel said the following:

I recall seeing just such a writing desk in the last week or so. So we know we're talking about the same article. Desk was light colored wood and had horizontal members (mortis-tenoned, IIRC) on three sides firming the legs. Not sure if it was spalted maple or not.

The curved piece you refer to was parallel to these crossmembers and, I think, tied into the "back" piece. It curved from the left front leg all the way around to the right front. Same dimensions as the other pieces.

Only magazines that I have been looking at recently were ALL Fine Woodworking. Unfortunately, in addition to several newer issues, I was looking through some issues from back in 1996-1997.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Reply to
Bus Mechanic

Rebel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Here's a resource or two for you (watch the wrap)

the Dec 04 issue of Woodwork had an article by Michael Cullen on bent lamination of some radical curves.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

OK, here's something new: it's "drawers"; not "draws". And "you're" never too old to learn something new. "Your" indicates ownership.

The Spelling Police

Reply to
The Spelling Police

Neither are misspelled.

Reply to
patrick conroy

What can I say it was 5:32 AM CST

Reply to
Rebel

Bwahahahaahahahaahaa! LOL!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Take another look, Ron. It was in the current issue of Fine Woodworking, the master class article, page 104, 'Curved stretcher adds grace and legroom'.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that magazine.

I have a book on bending that I would recommend: Wood Bender's Handbook. It covers steam bending, laminating and others, though no chemical treatments.

-Steve

Rebel wrote:

Reply to
Stephen Henry