Looking for Western Red Cedar in Maryland

I've got a request from the wife for a pegola project and called my local lumber yard, Johnson Lumber in Edgewater, MD. $2.88 LF for a clear 2x4 and $4.33 LF for 2x6. 8ft 4x4 clear posts we $34 each.
I was wondering if these are reasonable prices and what my alternatives were as far as retailers...or species (of wood, not retailers:)!
Thanks
Tim
I really like eastern white cedar for outdoor projects. I would not bury it in the ground though. Here in Maine it is $1/bf at the mill. Dave

Thanks Dave,
I never heard of this wood. Is it only in Maine? The price sounds right!
Tim

Tim Sauerwein wrote:

They have WRC at Lowe's. Not sure of the pricing and only in 1x.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote in

No cedar of any kind in the Butler (Rt23) Lowes, nor the BORG next doors.
I want to make a very simple garden bench from cedar from a magazine <http://www.gardengatemagazine.com/main/pdf/bench30.pdf But I can't find cedar around NJ zip 07410 <crying>
--
Best regards
Han
On Sun, 07 May 2006 21:12:40 GMT, Han wrote:

Han,
Call Frank Martin at Agincourt, 908 874-8234. He's in Hillsborough NJ, about an hour's drive for you. Last time I was there, he had several woods suitable for outdoor projects, including cedars and cypress.
You can also plug your ZIP code into Woodfinder http://www.woodfinder.com and see what suppliers are listed in your area. Its not necessarily a complete listing, but you might find what you need.
--
Art

Art Greenberg wrote:

Art,
Where in Hillsborough?
I need some cypress myself.
Thanks
On 8 May 2006 06:15:13 -0700, Gus wrote:

Gus, Agincourt is at 212 E. Mountain Road. Best to call before you visit.
--
Art

Thanks Art!
--