Looking for Unique Lighthouses

We're getting ready to launch our own e-commerce web store specializing in only the highest quality lighthouse-related collectibles. We are looking for people who build truly unique crafts, not the usual gaudy mass-produced stuff that can be found in any catalog. We are interested in forming wholesale agreements of some sort whereas we would promote and take orders for products, pass the orders on to the craftsperson, charge our customer, pay the craftsperson, and have the craftsperson drop-ship to our customer. Constructive replies will be appreciated.

Kevin Sawyer, General Manager LighthouseSuperStore.com (coming soon)

Reply to
Kevin Sawyer, General Manager

Define 'unique' . . . and who pays the shipping charges. Or is this just a troll ?

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

mass-produced

Reply to
Ron Magen

I have thought of an Idea like that before but more loosely formed to leave the projects up to the maker and not the Big business behind it. I assume the wholesale agreement includes shipping. I sure would.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Have you ever heard the 'phrase' - 'You know what 'assume' means ? '

The question was / is completely valid. There is a 'craftpersons group' that has a similar 'arrangement'. Reading the 'fine print' you find {among other interesting tidbits}that the 'shipping allowance' is $3.95 - or was about 3 years ago.

The smallest lighthouse I've built for Joanne's garden is about 18 inches tall, with a base about 10 inches in diameter. That base is about 1.5 inches thick {two layers of 3/4 PT ply}and accounts for most of the about 10 pound total weight. This is purposely for stability.

A proper cardboard carton alone would cost MORE than the 'allowance'. Add sufficient packing and 'postage' - the total would be maybe $15.

Now about a 5 ft. lighthouse . . .

See what I mean.

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

specializing