looking for type of cabinet catch/latch

I am looking for something like a bullet catch, but when the bullet is pushed in I want a pin/bolt to be pushed out the opposite end.

I want to interlock 2 cabinet doors through a center stile - so that when one door is closed the other one cannot open. If it exists, the kind of latch/catch described should do the trick. I've spent an hour searching froogle/google on "pin latch", "spring plunger", "bullet catch", "spring bolt", and others, to no avail.

I did find a "hand retractable spring plunger" which is in the ballpark, but it has an L-shaped handle opposite the plunger and I need a straight pin.

Any help out there? Does this exist? Name? Source? TIA. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

About 5 years ago, I built a saddle storage cabinet for my niece who was/is boarding her horse a a local stable. It needed to have 2 doors that locked and since the cabinet was about 4 ft tall x 4 ft wide x 2.5 ft deep, it had a center stile (and a divider support also).

My solution was a little primitive in that I simply attached a barrel bolt lock to the inside of one of the doors (the left in this case). This way, there is just one padlock on the outside.

Not a solution for fine furniture tho.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Lee Valley

Tim

That's for a cabinet without a stile. The op has a stile in his cabinet if I read his post correctly.

Dave

Tim wrote:

Reply to
David

igor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How about something like this?

not exactly what you're after but maybe something like this could be modified to work.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Reply to
nospambob

It looks like there is a fair distance between the bolts. Would depend on the width of the stile. Probably could recess half the thickness of the beveled bolt if needed if needed. Or use a false stile if the doors are overlay.

Reply to
Tim