Looking for the Ultimate Pushstick?

Racoons are harder to trap. About the only live trap I've seen that works is a 55 gallon drum with an open top. Put a ramp/board leading up to the top and hang some goodies from fishing line about a foot down (line opposite side of ramp). When the go for the food, they fall in. Of course then the tricky part is moving 55 gallons of ticked off racoon someplace where he won't come back.

It is much simpler to just shoot them. My wife was completely against the destruction of the "cute" things till they had pulled up all of her flowers for the 3rd time one spring and destroyed a huce hanging flower basket. Don't know what the flowers ever did to them, but they sure did carry a grudge that year!

Jim

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in news:udaAb.34309$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Jim

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:43:44 -0700, "Charles Spitzer" scribbled

Scorpions in shoes and rattlesnakes in bathtubs! No thanks! I'm glad the worst I have to deal with is grizzlies. And the only time they ever came anywhere near my house is when they put an electric fence around the dump and the poor critters lost their feeding grounds. Felt like a war zone with all them Conservation Officers in helicopters trying to find and shoot them full of tranquilizers so they could be relocated. A garage a few blocks away got broken in and parts of the moose hanging in there got chewed on.

Ah I almost forgot when a young mother a couple of blocks away beat off a coyote with a snow shovel. The coyote was getting a little too close to her kid for her comfort. That one made the National Enquirer, much to the mother's disgust.

Luigi Zanasi

Right! Called Game Warden to do something about one that trapped himself in a dumpster, he just asked how long until the *pickup* and shot it. Said once they've become a nuisance they keep finding their way back, so simpler to dispose of them. Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Well, the one thing I can say in defense is that our critters are readily dispatched with shoes and shovels -- not so easy to say about grizzlies.

No snow shovels in Tucson. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

It's no end of fun watching my 7lb female tabby play with them (or any other insects) until the bug just dies from exhaustion. She can throw them 8-10 feet with a flick of her wrist and then catch them before they hit the ground again... wish I had that on video :-)

Reply to
Kevin P. Fleming

No no no, it's only the ones that bite, poke, stick _AND_ poison you that you have to worry about! The rest are just to keep your blood pressure up.

Reply to
Kevin P. Fleming

I have to agree with your SWMBO, plus they do keep the small rodent population down.

I just posted a picture of me and my buddy Bert. It used to cause quite a stir in the neighborhood when we would put him on his leash and go for a walk.

ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

Man, Them cats are lucky they dont set stung! Thanks, Tony D

Reply to
Tony D.