Looking for the Ultimate Pushstick?

This guy met his demise in one of my yard traps last night. We'll see if he works better from that dead feline I have been using.

a good day.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

What the hell is it?

Reply to
Rob V

Looks like a mole to me. Can you get a good grip on it without losing your pencil line? LOL!

God this place is getting sick! LOL!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Now that is one ugly push stick!

-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at:

the NAIL from e-mail to reply

Reply to
Ed. O.

Don't you use them to make Mole Wrenches ?

BTW - Having _tried_ the experiment, I can confirm that genuine moleskin from moles is no use at all for soldering lead pipe with a wiped joint. I'm not doing that again....

Andy Dingley

Uuuhh no, but my grandma used to cut their butt ends off and put them on her pancakes.....(space down)

moleasses.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

What is that? Don't think we have those here in AZ -- just rattlesnakes, of which my wife found one this morning -- a baby one, in the bathroom, by the bathtub, after stepping out of the shower. That is such a not good thing in so many different ways it is beyond expression.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Our dog found one in our house in South Dakota. "Bark! Bark! Bark!" "Shuddup Major!" "Bark! Bark! Bark!" "Be quiet!" "Bark! Bark! Bark!" "I'm coming downstairs. Oooo... Good Dog!" Smash, smash, smash.

If you don't have an inside dog maybe you could "borrow" one to sniff around the house and make sure there aren't any more.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

On 05 Dec 2003, Mark & Juanita spake unto rec.woodworking:

It was -2 degrees F. here in New Hamster this morning. I was going to squawk about that, but it beats the hell out of rattlesnakes in the bathroom. My condolences to your wife - can I interest you in a pet mongoose?

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Reply to
BRuce

Not a bad suggestion, I'm going to look into that.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Reply to
Rob V

wait'll she finds scorpions in her shoes.

our cats do nighttime patrol for them. we often find scorpions played with and dead in the middle of the room in the morning.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

smart, not dumb for email

Reply to
Renata

MOLE

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

what kind of traps do you use Larry? I have a racoon that has pissed me off one too many times tipping my garbage cans over. SWMBO is a total tree-hugger and thinks the thing "needs to eat, too", but IMO it's time I need a new striped push stick hehe

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

We have a garden too and SWMBO has designated me chief pest controller. I use havahart and have good things to say about their product (no connection, blah,blah,blah)

've caught coons, cats, and skunks with their #1045. I also use #1025 for the squirrels and rodents.

Moles are a different story. Those little monsters I want dead and have had the best luck with a Victor Out O' Sight Mole Trap

the wrap] I wasted a good 2 weeks learning the hard way that the little buggers are too smart for my gopher traps.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I hate them Fr%&**&%^ Varmint Critters. How did you trap it??

Reply to
RKON

Oh, we've found plenty of scorpions, though none in shoes yet -- but we do check-- and we do exterminate regularly. That was one of our trade-offs moving to AZ, take the chance with the chemicals because all the biting, stinging poisonous critters are more dangerous. We find several scorpions, most all of them dead every year.

Don't know why the cat didn't find the snake; probably a good thing, it most likely would have killed her.

Yeah, wonderful place here, what doesn't bite, poke or stick you, poisons and kills you.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Feh. We had mice at the flea bag apartment we lived in after we got married.

I got one of those humane traps, caught one of the little buggers. When I found it, it looked pretty sad, and I felt bad for the poor little creature that was just trying to eat too.

So I took it out and let it go.

It came back. Same one.

Little bastard shit in my raisin bran as a way of thanking me for its life, and then it shit in my silverware drawer. It finally chewed into a can of baby formula, which was the last straw.

So I got a more traditional back breaker model.

It took the bait without springing the trap.

I fiddled with the trap, adjusted it so that it was almost impossible not to trip it.

It took the bait without springing the trap.

I put peanut butter on it.

It took the bait without springing the trap.

I was working night shift. I came in from work one morning, and lo, right in my living room, was the mouse.

It just sat there, looking at me. Not even afraid. Waiting for me to feed it, I guess, since it had already eaten the bait off the trap.

I walked into our bedroom, expecting it to be gone when I came back. It had moved further toward the kitchen, but it was just poking along like it had all the time in the world. Quite comfortable, and at home.

So I shot that little bastard right in the head point blank with my pellet gun, and splattered its little mousey brains all over the wall.

Problem solved.

I sure don't miss that apartment, or the mice. Nowadays it's not a problem. My pushsticks get cat slime two times a day. If they want a between meal snack, they have to eat moles and mice. It's a good arrangement.

Reply to
Silvan