Looking for someone to resaw 1 board in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Thought I would ask here first...
I'm looking for someone who would be capable of resawing a piece of spalted wood for me.
If you wouldn't mind helping me out, (and I'd truly appreciate it) the piece is 16" x 12" x 2-1/2" thick. My bandsaw doesn't have a riser kit, but I would love to have this in more useable pieces.. ~5/8" thick
Thanks Mike mike @ Ottawawood.com
I'm nowhere near you, but the typical recommendation for this group is that you immediately go out and spend at least $ 800 on a new bandsaw and practice on a bunch of scrap for a while before... uh, what was it you wanted?
Mmmmm.. new tools.
MikeMac wrote:

Haha ... trust me, that was my immediate thought, too.
SWMBO tends to disagree, however.
I guess I'll try the local exotic lumber yard, but it'll still prolly cost me $25 for 2-3 cuts. Be a shame to rip it to 6" width to cut it on my own saw. :(
Mike

You could always glue the pieces back together.
I could, but it would ruin the effect of the spalting.

I could, but it would ruin the effect of the spalting.

Mike, I'd guess you are talking about Woodsource in Ottawa. There's a guy in Wakefield who will do that kind of thing as well. I don't remember his prices, but I believe they are comparable to Woodsource.
Les entreprises Bizier inc. 20, Route 105, Wakefield Qubec J0X 3G0 Canada 819 459 1211 Fax : 819.459.1201 snipped-for-privacy@bizier.ca www.bizier.ca
The owner is Marc Bizier and is very approachable. It's worth knowing other sources.
His shop is about 35 minutes from Rideau & King Edward.
Tanus
--
This is not really a sig.

Thanks, Tanus.
I do know those guys.. I'll give them a shout.
Thanks again.
Mike

I know it's not real close, but Langevin & Forest in Montreal can cut just about anything, as long as it's wood.
--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos

For just that one board, another alternative is a hand saw. Before you use the handsaw, though, set your tablesaw fence to the witdth you want plus an appropriate amount for finishing/scraping/planing/sanding or whatever methoud you use. Then groove the board all around including the end grain sides. The table saw cuts will guid your handsaw for a straight cut. You'll need to plain the surface even since a handsaw cuts a much narrower kerf than a tablesaw.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland