Looking for some help in selecting a floor glide

I put up an earlier posting about a toy box I am building for my grandson. This group was a great help as usual. I have a second issue I'm trying to solve.

The toy box is going to sit on a wood floor and I'd like to find some glides to put on the bottom that will actually make it harder to move. Of course the whole idea of a glide it to make it easier to move a chair etc. but I'm concerned that my grandson will push on the toy box and end up sliding it around too easily on the wood floors. I have looked at a few catalogs but I don't see an "anti-glide". Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me a search term to find what I am looking for?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Rubber feet should do the trick. They should be available at your local home improvement store:

Nova

I thought about that (I should have mentioned that in my original post) but I think they will make skid marks though you can clean up the skid marks. Maybe there is some kind of rubber that won't leave skid marks. I have to go to Rockler on Monday. Maybe they have something..............

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Think Crutch or walker tips, the gray ones. Made to not slip and leave marks, fairly cheap and easy to modify for your project.

Reply to
Curran Copeland

Another idea would be silicone rubber feet. Turn the box over, but a generous dab of silicone calking on the feet, and let it dry. You could probably form it a little bit to get a flat bottom.

I don't think that's slippery, and it won't mark.

Old Guy

Reply to
Old Guy

Thanks. If I can't find a grey rubber foot that won't mark wood floors I will give this a try.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I found some grey rubber bumpers today at Rockler that I can use easily as feet so I am in business. Thanks again.

Reply to
Dick Snyder