Looking for router

Page 2 of 2
JES wrote: [snipped for brevity]

Did you get a load of this one? http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertools/products/cutter/m12v2/m12v2.html Same router, different pants. Looks like something you'd use to inoculate an alien rhinoceros. Those Hitachi (pronounced hitaCHEE (gesundheid)) designers have been watching too many anime cartoons. All their new tools are...well... RFU. (I don't mean that in a bad way.)
Robatoy wrote:

YA RLY. (I feel the overwhelming urge to post a picture of an owl for some reason)

People have been describing them as sneakers. :-) Seems fitting to me.

I have their new 18v cordless drill sneaker and matching flashlight. I'm happy with it so far.
brian
Robatoy wrote:

YA RLY. (I feel the overwhelming urge to post a picture of an owl for some reason)

People have been describing them as sneakers. :-) Seems fitting to me.

I have their new 18v cordless drill sneaker and matching flashlight. I'm happy with it so far.
brian
brianlanning wrote:

Yes realy. It must be a real bitch going through life helpless. http://www.hitachipowertools.com/store_list.php?&iDepartmentID &arrPath=1,12,

CW wrote:

Reheeely?
Have a look again: <URL:(Amazon.com product link shortened)...> <URL:http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertools/products/othercutting.html

how bad can they be? I tried them and haven't used them since. They work, sort of. I don't look for that in a router.

A Bosch Colt isn't a whole heck of a lot more expensive (I don't care how cheap the B&D is, the Colt's not a lot more expensive). It's not a "do it all" machine, but it will do a lot and it's small and light and will be useful even if one obtains a larger router later.
J. Clarke wrote:

I'll second that recommendation over the B&D.
I've been using a Bosch laminate trimmer for years as a small router, and the Colt is a far nicer tool than the older version that I own.
One of these days, I need to get the aftermarket plunge base for the Bosch and I'll have a really fantastic inlay router.