Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows - please no stupid questions!

Page 3 of 4

Told you to get better meds..............;-)
Tina

changed...up
Tina wrote:

I wasn't writing that to you, you useless twit!

On Wed, 04 May 2005 01:00:20 GMT, USENET READER

You obviously fail to comprehend the medium.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
Gary L. Burnore wrote:

You obviously can't even offer up an on-topic response. Or explain the medium - what is there to comprehend - if some twit like Tina wants to post a comment and then edits her posting in such a way that it makes it look like she wrote something that she didn't write, then let her learn how to repost as a proper quotation.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 14:09:23 GMT, USENET READER

It's USENet, Dip. People can say what they want and it's up to you to ignore it. You obviously can't.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com

You know...I don't know Tina, so I can't say whether or not she needs a good rogering.
But I can say with relative certainty that you need a good bitch-slapping.
On Wed, 04 May 2005 01:01:02 GMT, USENET READER

You ain't man enough to find out if anyone could.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com

Gee, I wonder why you get all those stupid answers. I don't suppose you deserve it for asking for help and insulting people in the same breath?
rusty redcloud
Red Cloud wrote:

Sorry - the only people who should feel insulted are the people who feel the need to post a repsonse to a question that they have no real information to offer up - they just like to hear themselves talk or see their postins up on line - it makes them feel better about their otherwise useless lives and lack of education, and inability to get it up (on in Tina's case, find a guy to scare it up).
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:30:29 GMT, USENET READER

You are truly an idiot in every possible interpretation of the word. I'd suggest that you get a clue, but that seems well beyond your capabilities.
rusty redcloud
Allow me to play out another scenario for ya'll (yeah, I'm a redneck too and I did happen to vote for Bush.....but alas that's another topic)...........Let's crank up the way back machine shall we?..............whooooo (insert sci-fi effects and music here)..............
***Poof***
We picture a certain Usenet individual with a quandry........Hmmmmmm what ever shall I do? (nibbles nails)......raises finger in classic ah ha pose.........."AH HA!" "I'll post a question".................(we see our vaunted Usenet hero typing feverishly.......tap tap tap tap tap.........
The title..........Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows (notice the deletion of asinine sounding comment here)
Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new windows for my home. (fill in the rest of the questions here ......tap tap tap...our hero types his inquires..............)
Ah we come to the closing paragraph............which is simply "Thanks in advance for your help".............
Our Usenet hero sits back an patiently awaits the responses to flood in.........No sarcasm.......maybe a silly question or two as fellow boarders ponder his dilema....offering advice (which I might add is something that is ALWAYS a take it or leave it thing)..........
Our Hero weighs the answers, laughs at some, ponders others..............
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The screen wavers nd we return to our harsh reality~~~~~~~~~~
Ah what could have been............

deserve
Well said Rusty...here....here.......
Tina
[snip]

He's wrong, anyway. 'too' modifies the shortness of life in the above quote, not the triviality of 'dribble' (whatever that is).
Now, if he'd corrected you about using the term 'dribble' when you meant 'drivel', then I'd have no argument with him.

I just pee'd.

I just pee'd.
I bought and installed myself Pella's ProLine aluminum-clad double-hung wood windows. They are about 5 years old now. I am pleased with them but if I ever remodel another house I would probably consider vinyl windows that don't have to be painted. I bought my windows from the Pella store in Cary but I think they can also be ordered through Home Depot.

Matt - why would you consider vinyl over aluminum-clad windows? This is an example of the type of on-topic response I was seeking when I posted the original question. Thank you for staying on topic.
Matt L. wrote:

Five out of six of USENET READER's posts this morning are flames, and the one that isn't, is a TOP POST! LOL!
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:32:38 GMT, USENET READER

Since aluminum is a conductor and vinyl is not, I would think that vinyl does a better job of insulating. Mine are vinyl; since it's been almost five years, I don't recall if aluminum was presented as an option.

Tom Disque wrote:

My God - an actual on-topic response.
Actually, I wouldn't consider solid aluminum for the windows. I was referring to wooden-framed windows clad with aluminum (two different types of aluminum cladding) vs. vinyl or other types of plastic.