Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows - please no stupid questions!

"USENET READER" wrote

What's the question? Are you looking for an architect to consult you, or? I didn't see one "?"

Reply to
Jeff G.

Sure he does... *Microsoft* Windows.

Reply to
Gregor

Yep.

I've had my own window and door business so I'm qualified to give you a good answer. Sold and installed most every type at one time or another. OTOH, I don't like people telling me what I can and cannot say so I'm not going to waste my time with an arrogant putz like you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Can't blame you in the least.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Do you need them to open, too?

Reply to
Mark Cooper

I just pee'd.

Reply to
Mark Cooper

Do you want these windows wired for 110 or 220?

Reply to
Mark Cooper

I just pee'd.

Reply to
Mark Cooper

Perfect example of someone that needs there Paxil medication changed...up the dosage

Plonk

Tina

Reply to
Tina
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Gee, I wonder why you get all those stupid answers. I don't suppose you deserve it for asking for help and insulting people in the same breath?

rusty redcloud

Reply to
Red Cloud®

windows

shingles,

Hardiplank

efficient

cladding

aluminum

designs of

important part

I agree with Mr. Meehan there is no simple answer as to one is the best of all. Many have features and merits worth considering. I have Hurd and some Marvin windows mixed both have lasted me over 20 years without a single problem. I have Anderson patio doors and bay windows which are

5 years old and cannot regeret installling. Certainly Anderson and Pella you can't go wrong, both are excellent quality and are warrantee remain the best. For your area definately tinted double pane type are a must then just look at features and quality. As I said if you cannot decide on which default to Anderson or Pella you cannot go wrong but at least consider others for price and features you may want.
Reply to
dteckie

Sorry to interrupt the flamefest with an actual answer. This response may not qualify anyway, because I think you said you want to install them yourself, but here goes!

When I moved into my current home in October 2000, the windows were single pane glass that did little to insulate. I started shopping for new windows and settled on Window World, although the Aluminum Company of NC came in a very close second. WW had the bast price ($300/window); as far as quality they all seemed equivalent. The difference in insulating capacity was incredible (they're double paned, argon filled), and easily made up the $60/mo. that the CP&L energy loan costs. They are easy to clean, and I've had no problem with them.

Reply to
Tom Disque

you bad!

Reply to
Robatoy

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she won't respond with another off-topic comment.

How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your ability to get a good "rogering"?

Reply to
USENET READER

Sorry - the only people who should feel insulted are the people who feel the need to post a repsonse to a question that they have no real information to offer up - they just like to hear themselves talk or see their postins up on line - it makes them feel better about their otherwise useless lives and lack of education, and inability to get it up (on in Tina's case, find a guy to scare it up).

Reply to
USENET READER

Reply to
USENET READER

It isn't really a question - we are looking for someone with some real experience with more than one type of window who can tell me the real life pros and cons of the different types of windows and make some recommendations.

This isn't a question other than to ask others out there if they either have that experience or can identify someone who does have that experience and provide some contact info.

Reply to
USENET READER

Isn't the customer always right? Even the potential customer? Sorry if I don't want some readneck asshole with Bush stickers on his truck coming into my yard and unleashing a bunch of illegal mexicans to wreak havoc on my yard, and taking 15 minutes to tell me some cracker-barrel story to answer a question that should have been answered with a simple "yes" or "no".

No wonder you "had" a window and door business. Time is money Bubba!

Reply to
USENET READER

Five out of six of USENET READER's posts this morning are flames, and the one that isn't, is a TOP POST! LOL!

Reply to
Gregor
  • Vote on answer
  • posted