Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows - please no stupid questions!

Page 2 of 4

You are pretty mouthy for a guy who needs help from dickheads, eh?
Oh, and while you're at it, go fuck yourself.
PLONK
USENET READER wrote:

The simple answer is not that simple. There are many good designs of windows. What is best is generally the best designed and made, not any one specific type of materials. The installation is also a very important part of the whole.
I suggest you start asking questions closer to home. Get a list of past customers, both recent and some who have had their windows for five or more years. Then go out and talk to the customers, don't on testimonials. Best yet is to check with your friends and neighbors who may have had windows installed.
Information here may be good, but someone here who had a good experience with XYZ windows is good, but your XYZ distributor could be the pits and you will get windows improperly installed and never be happy with them.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

new
We
windows
shingles,
Hardiplank
efficient
the
cladding
aluminum
NC. So we

who
designs of

any one

important part

of past

or more

Best
windows
experience
and you

I agree with Mr. Meehan there is no simple answer as to one is the best of all. Many have features and merits worth considering. I have Hurd and some Marvin windows mixed both have lasted me over 20 years without a single problem. I have Anderson patio doors and bay windows which are 5 years old and cannot regeret installling. Certainly Anderson and Pella you can't go wrong, both are excellent quality and are warrantee remain the best. For your area definately tinted double pane type are a must then just look at features and quality. As I said if you cannot decide on which default to Anderson or Pella you cannot go wrong but at least consider others for price and features you may want.
On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:52:57 GMT, USENET READER

    You mean like this, moron ?
Click every day here to feed an animal that needs you today !!!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm / Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm /
On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:52:57 GMT, USENET READER
.

I guess I qualify -- I'm a renovations contractor.

Oops. Guess you don't qualify.
Ken
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tnx wrote:

You do qualify as a shut-in who has no valuable comments to make, just BS to post.
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:25:27 GMT, USENET READER

It was sarcasm, asswipe!
rusty redcloud

question,
windows, so

that
And the funniest post in this thread IMHO.
Matthew
Matthew wrote:

That wasn't funny - you thinking it was funny is funny!
Red Cloud wrote:

Then why respond at all, douchebag? You are the living embodiment of the type of low-rent asshole that I put the qualifier there for in the first place!

Please take note of ALL the negative responses you got, you knuckle dragging mouth breather.
rusty redcloud
Red Cloud wrote:

Hey, take it easy on him Rusty. He/She has enough problems.
Want some real giggles? Google search his e-mail address and read some of his posts. This loser draws negative responses like a sponge draws water.
Surprised that the institutions in the Triangle area allow such unfettered access to computers for their patients, er, clients.
Usually don't see this much rage from those who are having a sexual identity crisis until they snap and off themselves.
Shouldn't have to wait too long on this one.
Red Cloud wrote:

It appears that you annoyed him.
So, whatever else happens, your day is not wasted.
rm

"What you want is not necessarily what you get."

"Tough sh*t*" applies.
You are _not_ the moderator of the newsgroup, so you have *no* authority or position to even ATTEMPT to dictate who, how, or what, gets posted in response to your message.
If you don't like a response, *IGNORE* it.
On Sun, 08 May 2005 14:05:30 GMT, USENET READER
I could. But why should I?
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
You should get glass windows (the more panes the better), with either aluminum, vinyl or other plastic coverings over wood. The aluminum is better than the vinyl, or the other way around (I can't remember). Go with either white or off-white, with internal shades and screens if you want them. If you don't want shades and screens, get the windows that don't have them. I'd look for something that needs minimal maintenance. Your best bet would be to talk to an architect, building contractor, etc. I'd also suggest you don't use that same condescending, arrogant, demanding tone that you used here. Hope this helps.
USENET READER wrote:

Bite me loser asshole - do you have any idea how many times I have posted questions and the only responses I get are stupid off-topic comments that have nothing to do with the original question - like your posting today?
Jonah wrote:

If this is how you ask for help, then I'd guess you've probably gotten off topic comments most of the time. You should take those windows and stick 'em up your ass...sideways. Better check with the folks who run the trailer park before you go making home improvements. They'd rather you spend your money on another broken down pickup for your front yard.
USENET READER wrote:

Perfect example of someone that needs there Paxil medication changed...up the dosage
Plonk
Tina

windows.
Tina wrote:

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she won't respond with another off-topic comment.
How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your ability to get a good "rogering"?