Looking for plans for a couch/fold-out bed

My wife already has three cushions for which she wants me to build a frame that folds from a couch (or chair) position into a single-person bed. So far, I've only run across plans for ones that are too simple (just slats) to those that are far too complicated (couch folds into a bunk bed!).

If someone has plans/photos of something they've already built and it's worked out well, I'd appreciate it. The materials could be wood and/or metal as I have a welder.

TIA,

Casey

Reply to
CostaRicaEnvy

Look underneath some electric hospital beds, CRE. Google "adjustable bed" and/or "chaise lounge plans" for more info.

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Try "chaise longue" too :)

Reply to
dadiOH

I was going to suggest that but erased it, knowing that those plans would be too pricy. Imported, y'know?

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In the RV industry, they're called jack "knife couch/bed".

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Make that "jack knife couch/bed".

Reply to