looking for places to purchase wood

I'm trying to find the best places in the Denver metro area to purchase wood stock for my projects. I am aware of Rockler and Woodcraft - does anyone know of other good places that carry a variety of species including turning blanks and raw or machined board feet?

can I buy hardwood lumber?"
The general answer is to look in the Yellow Pages under "Lumber" for dealers that advertise that they sell hardwoods.
Check the Google archives for this group; there was a post a couple months ago (by Swingman, IIRC) that gave outstanding advice on how to select a good lumberyard.
You could also try www.woodfinder.com, but be aware that it fails to list many yards. The Yellow Pages would be a better bet IMHO.
--
Regards,
GB wrote:

my guitar-building business from Ebay auctions as well as from people with whom I made contact thru Ebay.
--Steve