Looking for particular lamp shades.

I have two old cheap gooseneck desk lamps which I am trying to modify. The shade of each lamp is a plastic made cone attached to the gooseneck through a hole in its side, holding the light bulb socket through another hole at the top. So cheap is the plastic, that, even though it specifies 40W light bulb, it disintegrated because it could not stand the heat generated by the 40W bulb.

I am looking for compatible lamp shades. I prefer metal ones, but plastic will do. So far I could not find any, neither locally nor through the net, and I have been considering some improvisation. Before I improvise, I would appreciate it greatly if someone could suggest a lamp parts store where I can buy such shades.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
xby