Looking for machine supplier

Hello
I am located in Indonesia and I am suppose to produce colomn in wood. The maximum length of those column will be 7 meters and diameter 40. The problem is that those column must be round.
Could you give me advice of the machine to choose? Do you know companies selling second hand machines?
For information I am located in Indonesia.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Tonio
Tonio (in snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com) said:
| I am located in Indonesia and I am suppose to produce colomn in | wood. The maximum length of those column will be 7 meters and | diameter 40. The problem is that those column must be round.
To make a round column you'll probably want a lathe. A 7m x 1/2m lathe will probably be fairly expensive. You might consider building your own either from the ground up or by lengthening a shorter lathe.
There is an interesting presentation showing the re-building of a lathe for production of columns at http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/lathe/ that may provide some inspiration and guidance.
I'd suggest checking on www.ebay.com and doing a search for used lathes on www.google.com
| For information I am located in Indonesia.
You might be able to build a lathe locally for less expense than the cost of shipping from the USA or Europe. Use your regional resources to check Australian, Taiwanese, etc. sources of used machinery.
HTH
Morris Dovey wrote:

Perhaps coopering would be an easier approach for such large columns. DAGS, as I know pretty much nothing about it.
-John in NH
I live in the United States and English is my native language and I don't understand what DAGS means. Does Tonio?
Pat said:

Do A Google Search of the newsgroup.
Greg G.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking?hl=en
Pat wrote:

Sorry 'bout that... working on a computer all day gets me talking in acronymese sometimes. 'Do a google search', either specifically in the rec.woodworking newsgroup
<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/search?group=rec.woodworking&q=coopering&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group
or a more general search
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=coopering&btnG=Google+Search
-John in NH
See... there I go again.
-John in New Hampshire
On 11/18/2005 12:53 PM Pat mumbled something about the following:

DAGS = Do A Google Search
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???