Looking for Lumber Yard North Eastern NJ that carries cabinet grade Maple?

or even online specifically in sizes 1" x 13", 1" x 20" in 8' lengths.

Reply to
M-14

Sounds like you should use a maple ply.

Reply to
Rumpty

I'll use that for the sides, but doors I need solid!

Reply to
M-14

RE: Subject

You are looking in the wrong place.

Try finding an industrial plywood distributor.

Totally different businesses.

Like the sign at the diner says, "We don't cash checks and the bank doesn't serve hamburgers".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Not positive, but you should call Jefferson Lumber in Morris County. I know they carry maple, just not sure of what selection they have.

NJTrout NW NJ

Reply to
NJTrout

Try this guy, maple, cherry, walnut. Good guy, good prices, nice wood.

Timber Brook

908-637-6200 475 Mt Bethal Rd. Oxford, NJ

HMFIC@1369 wrote:

Reply to
tiredofspam

13" and 20" *widths*? Is warp in your design criteria?
Reply to
Mark Howell

If you use solid you are asking for trouble in such a wide panel. I would use ply for the doors and glue on solid strips to the edges, this is done all the time. For the top and bottom of the door a simple iron on strip is all that is required.

What ever method you use, you must seal/finish with equal coats of finish on all sides to prevent movement.

I doubt you are going to find the widths you require, but will probably end up gluing up panels.

Try these guys:

Blue Ridge Lumber

120 Liberty Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Orr's Sawmill Kennedy Rd, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Reply to
Rumpty

The doors I'll rip them to 4 in strips. I want to keep the pattern consistent if I go simply 1 x 4 I can't maintain the pattern across the door width. so the grain is more consistent easier to stain and keep a better consistency

Thanks

Reply to
M-14

Thanks for Blue Ridge, I'm calling 84 Lumber and Chester Lumber too on Monday!

The doors I'll rip them to 4 in strips. I want to keep the pattern consistent if I go simply 1 x 4 I can't maintain the pattern across the door width. so the grain is more consistent easier to stain and keep a better consistency

Thanks

M-14

Reply to
M-14

Reply to
M-14

Yeah, I beleive it is on Oak Ridge section of Jefferson Twsp. off of Rt 23.

NJTrout

Reply to
NJTrout