Looking for low profile door hardware.

I have installed two doors in the same jamb between two adjoining rooms (one is left hand and the other right hand). When both doors are closed the space between them is 2 1/4" so normal passage door hardware will hit each other.
Does anyone know where I can find a lever/handle that will operate the latch and protrude from the door no more than 1 1/8"?
Thanks, Brett

First thought that comes to mind would be a bail handle that can be folded out and turned.

Check out a locksmith shop. I have seen flat lever type handles in a similar set up between motel rooms where there are two doors set up as you describe, so the hardware does exist. A locksmith would either have, or could get, what you need.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
Offsetting the knob hight is out of the question ?

depending on the brand of hardware you choose you may be able to use one side of a passage lock and a thumb turn from a deadbolt on the inside.
--
"If you are arrogant, who's going to care if you're the best?"

Try www.wwhardware.com