Looking for link posted here - Sears model number lookup.

X posted to alt.home.repair and rec.woodworking.
Someone posted a link here (or there) some time ago. It was a page that identified the actual manufacturer of Sears branded products (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc) using the first 3 numbers of the model number. Can someone repost that link for me?
willshak wrote:

Go here: http://groups.google.com /
Click Advanced Search
Do a search on group: rec.woodworking (for example)
for Subject Line contains: craftsman + manufacturer + model + number or a similar search...
Jim
Speedy Jim wrote:

Thanks, Jim. But, as I recall, it wasn't necessarily in the header. It was a link posted in a response that had probably drifted from the original subject header. Only someone who posted the link, or someone who bookmarked the link, can help here. The link wasn't to a Sears page either. I think the site was for an appliance repair/parts company that just offered the Sears info as a courtesy.

I don't have the link, but here's a partial list from a few years back:

Ken Muldrew wrote:

Thanks. Unfortunately, the number I was looking for isn't one of them.
I did exactly what Speedy Jim suggested and got hits on at least three such lists. Now I am curious if they agree with each other! Tonight when I get home from work I will look at them.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:28:09 -0400, willshak wrote:

Here's what I snipped from that post. (I haven't tried the link.) "The first 3 numbers of the sears model number are a code to the manufacturer. You can do google search and find links like: http://www.edgeta.org/sears.htm ."
--
"Keep your ass behind you"

willshak wrote:

This was posted on rec.woodworking (used "sears craftsman manufacturer" search argument to find message that included the link):
http://www.edgeta.org/sears.htm
This was posted on alt.home.repair (used "sears appliance manufacturer" search argument to find message that included the link):
http://ng.appliance411.com/purchase/sears.shtml
Erma1ina wrote:

Thanks. I've bookmarked them this time.