Looking for large "oval edge" bit

I'm looking for an "oval edge" router bit with a bead length of 2 inches. Similar to this bit:
http://www.pricecutter.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_P14-3218
With the "B" dimension at 2 inches. I've been unable to find any bit like this larger than 1.5 inches.
Roundover isn't quite what I'm looking for. This is a true oval profile.
I don't think a custom bit would be worthwhile; this is for a single application, and I don't expect to need this profile again.
Anyone know of a stock cutter (or two) that will do this?
Thanks!
--
Art

How about two passes? See 'Furniture Bit' on this page:
<http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt _frenc.html>
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:33:35 GMT, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Yes! Thanks, that looks like it will be perfect.
--
Art

Good! Maybe you could post results?
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:22:29 GMT, Lobby Dosser wrote:

I do have a website with some photos of the work in progress. Check out:
http://www.artg.tv/fireplace-mantel-pix.html
This past weekend I resawed the maple for the front, and completed most of the shaping of the wenge top. I need the oval cutter for the front edge of the wenge. I took some photos of that work, but I have not yet added them to the website.
I'll add more photos as I make progress.
--
Art

Had a look at the remodel pics while I was there. Very nice! But you've been dragging your feet on that mantel!

Cool. What did that slab of wenge set you back?
Steve

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:26:22 -0400, Stephen M wrote:

A lot. Could have been a portable planer, or something. Its the most I've ever spent for a single piece of wood. Well worth it, IMO, as I got a really nice looking piece, and I don't have to fuss with trying to make that up with smaller pieces, or veneer on some other subsrate. But I have to tell you, I have been very nervous about cutting into it, and I have been very careful to measure, measure again, and verify my measurement before cutting. Using a template has taken some of the stress out of that, too.
--
Art

The only Wenge I have ever touched in in the neck of my two Warwick basses. I knew that had to come at a price.
That, plus the tiger maple, should give you an "instrument-grade" mantle :-)
Conteporary is not really my thing but I expect the final result will be stunning. please post to ABPW when you're done.
Cheers,
Steve

These folks make more than anybody I'm aware of:
http://www.freudtools.com/woodworkers/rep/router_bits/Router_Bits/Straight/html/Straight_1.html
Art Greenberg wrote:

Have you consider ripping facets with a table saw, then sanding them smooth? What I often do for a thumbnail profile in 1" stock is use my 3/4" radius round-over bit to put a bit of a curve on the edge leaving a bit of a flat for the pilot bearing to ride on. After I follow that with some random-orbit sanding, you can't tell that it is not a continuous curve.
-Steve

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:08:07 -0400, Stephen M wrote:

Can't use the table saw in this case. The edge I want to shape is curved.
I've considered using a round-over in the manner you describe, but that's not quite the profile I want.
--
Art

You are probably looking for a "thumb nail" bit. Try looking through a router bit catalog or searching the web for that shape and see if it's what you want. It's like a round over, but not a linear curve.
--
Charley

"Art Greenberg" < snipped-for-privacy@none.invalid> wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:21:00 GMT, Charley wrote:

similar to what I want. But I want that shape on the edge, in the same manner as a bullnose would be applied. The thumbnail bit is designed to put that shape on the top surface of a table, for example. It would not be practical to use it to apply the edge treatment I'm looking for, especially since others have pointed me to more viable atlernatives.
--
Art