Looking for ideas for a Bible stand

I have been asked to make a stand for a big family Bible. The folks that are asking are into Victorian and Georgian styles. When I did a google search, I came up with very little. In fact, the first hit was an ebay auction for a iron stand with a couple of boards poorly attached to it. This whole thing was painted red. I am looking for some ideas. I would like to do the project in mahogany. Tips and pointers are appreciated!
Grant
The nicest ones I've seen are usually more of a lecturn, or a small pulpit. Or are you more interested in a stand to just hold the Book open when it is on display on top of another piece of furniture?
Jim
message

David Marks did a very nice large book stand that would more than do for your needs. Check out DIY.
http://www1.diynet.com/diy/shows_wwk/episode/0,2046,DIY_14350_26935,00.html
Greg

Look at http://images.google.com/images?q=bible+stand&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=no&btnG=Google-s%C3%B8k
A.H.
melding

I'm guessing a search for a "dictionary stand" will be more fruitful.

I didn't even think of dictionary stand. It is really amazing how someone gets focused on something and totally misses related items!
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com wrote:

Just what you wanted, in this mag..
http://www.weekendwoodcrafts.com/currentissue.html