Looking for Hook and loop pad for 4 1/2" ryobi

Someone got a little heavy handed with my sander and the hook and loop pad came off. Anyone know where to get a replacement? Thx

Reply to
Kc-Mass

From Ryobi, or you can go the cheaper way and buy a H&L repair kit from Lowes or similar source. These kits include a sheet of H&L material, a tube of really tuff glue and instructions. I've replaced pads on several of my sanders this way and they're holding up as well as the originals did.

Reply to
Charley

Andy

I had the same problem. I went to the repair shop in Houston and found that they'd had a recall some time back with those pads. Not only did the hook & loop tend to come off, the worse problem was that the pads tended to disintegrate and sling pieces.

They replaced mine on the spot under the recall. It is a bit smaller and of tougher material. You might give them a call and see if the model you have is covered under the recall.

Good Luck,

Tex

Reply to
Tex