Looking for Hook and loop pad for 4 1/2" ryobi

Someone got a little heavy handed with my sander and the hook and loop pad came off. Anyone know where to get a replacement? Thx
From Ryobi, or you can go the cheaper way and buy a H&L repair kit from Lowes or similar source. These kits include a sheet of H&L material, a tube of really tuff glue and instructions. I've replaced pads on several of my sanders this way and they're holding up as well as the originals did.
--
Charley

"Kc-Mass" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p 170&cat=1,42500
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

I had the same problem. I went to the repair shop in Houston and found that they'd had a recall some time back with those pads. Not only did the hook & loop tend to come off, the worse problem was that the pads tended to disintegrate and sling pieces.
They replaced mine on the spot under the recall. It is a bit smaller and of tougher material. You might give them a call and see if the model you have is covered under the recall.
Good Luck,
Tex