Looking for hanging file rails- special situation

The desk my predecessor at work chose is a nice big cherry corner piece with cabinets and drawers. The file drawers have plastic rails *sitting on top of the sides* for hanging files. They are pretty chewed up, making it hard to slide the folders.
I'd like to replace them, ideally with something harder. I've found a few systems (e.g., http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 235), but all of them put the rail inboard of the sides of the drawer. These drawers are just wide enough to hold a file.
Any suggestions?
TIA
TR wrote:

What you describe is what I have in my desk and credenza file drawers. In my case, there's a Z-shaped aluminum extrusion (all right angles) that fits into a slot in the top of the drawer sides and provides a flush lip for the hanging files.
I'd suggest contacting some wooden office furniture manufacturers to find out if they'd be willing to either sell some of their extruded parts, or if they'd be willing to point you to a source.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

metal rail mounted in the space left. It wasn't pretty but it got the job done.

Those slides hold up better than you'd expect. You can get replacements either from the furniture manufacturer or http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page !2
Enjoy the desk.

Exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks!

Replaced them today and it worked out great. Just in case someone else is wondering how to get some old ones off, mine had a fin that was press fit into a saw kerf on the top of the drawer side. Grabbing at one end with a pair of pliers did the trick.
TR wrote:

Me! Me! (Raises hand and waves)
You can get an 8' snap-on stainless-steel replacement rail for a sliding glass door for less than $5.00. They come in varying widths and depths. In its normal use, it merely snaps on over the pitted and otherwise bothered sliding glass door track, but I bet it would work double-swell for what you have in mind.
HeyBub wrote:

How about a line to this $5 stainless steel part???