Looking for feathers and plug, feathers and wedge, feathers and iron??

This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?
jc
rec.crafts.metalworking??

jbclem wrote:

http://trowandholden.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?cart_id#90747.1860 *LT6Qf6&productt5 Bottom of the page
You can also take a page from how earlier cultures split stone. Insert extremely dry wood, tight fit in hole, pour in water and let the expanding wood split the stone.
hi
contact a stone mason in the yellow pages and ask them
len
jbclem wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&p335&cat=2,2180,41007
They are an excellent company with which to do business.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

Trow and Holden has the 3/4" feathers and wedges at $5 a set. Lee Valley's is more than three times as much. T&W also has the long sets - then it's just a question if the OP can drill large enough holes.
RicodJour wrote:

You are correct, and you are correct, and your question is valid. 3x is a significant mark-up for a company generally known for being reasonably priced.
JP
snip

Its all a question of supply and demand. LV may have them but how many could they possible sell in a year? The faster moving stuff seems to be priced properly.
Dave
jbclem wrote:

Lee Valley, Feathers and Irons, not sure about the depth though http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&p335&cat=2,2180,41007&ap=1 Joe