Looking for feathers and plug, feathers and wedge, feathers and iron??

This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?

jc

Reply to
jbclem

*LT6Qf6&product=cat5Bottom of the page

You can also take a page from how earlier cultures split stone. Insert extremely dry wood, tight fit in hole, pour in water and let the expanding wood split the stone.

RicodJour

hi

contact a stone mason in the yellow pages and ask them

len

Reply to
leonard

are an excellent company with which to do business.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

ones would

Trow and Holden has the 3/4" feathers and wedges at $5 a set. Lee Valley's is more than three times as much. T&W also has the long sets

- then it's just a question if the OP can drill large enough holes.

RicodJour

Used ones would

You are correct, and you are correct, and your question is valid. 3x is a significant mark-up for a company generally known for being reasonably priced.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Lee Valley, Feathers and Irons, not sure about the depth though

Joe Gorman

snip

Its all a question of supply and demand. LV may have them but how many could they possible sell in a year? The faster moving stuff seems to be priced properly.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa