Looking for design ideas - clothes line platform (outdoor project)

I'm looking for design ideas for a step platform for use under a clothes line.
Our clothes lines are strung on trees, and do not slide up/down.
Most people need a step or three up to make it easy. My initial idea is two or 3 steps up, a little deck, and step down the other side The deck being big enough for a laundry basket
____ _| |_ _| |_
That's the only idea I've had so far. If anyone has other suggestions, they would be appreciated.
Matt

Add handrails on both sides and two wheels perpendicular to the handrails. Grab the hand rail and pull the steps to where you need them...
Bob S.

and a small platform off the handrail for the laundry basket, and a container for the clothespins....

And add motors on the wheels, wifi access, and a remote control, and not have to go outside to do the laundry :-)

and a small platform off the handrail for the laundry basket, and a container for the clothespins.... ================================== Put some cup holders on there to hold the beer.
On Apr 27, 11:15pm, "Lee Michaels"

Buy a dryer? Solar powered? Yeaaa, that's the ticket. A parabolic collector, tracking device, steam generator, electric generator, direct link to dryer...damn.. I think i 've got something here..MORRIS!!! Help me out there.. a solar powered clothes dryer!
Robatoy wrote:

An outdoor clothesline /is/ solar powered (already).
String the clothesline low enough to reach comfortably. Make clothespoles to raise the lines as/after clothes have been hung. It's an old problem with a known solution.
Put clothespins in a bag with a wire hook to hang em on the clothesline so they're handy both as you hang the clothes and as you take 'em down.
If you're in Oz, do not put points on the bottom ends of the poles.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Technology, my friend. Complexity. Service contracts. Proprietary parts.
Robatoy wrote:

:(
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
"Matt" wrote:

First question.
Does it have to be portable?
Lew

If it does, perhaps it could be made about the same size as a clothes basket and light enough to be used as one... A hinged top would allow the OP's basket to be not only useful for climbing, but transport as well. You'd have to step off to open it, but the small basket would have have to be moved any way.
Puckdropper

Why does the clothesline have to be so high? If it is to keep the dogs from tearing off the laundry, training ought to do it. If it is because the attachments to the trees are too high, you should correct that. A clothesline under trees has other disadvantages, such as debris from the trees and bird droppings.
Back when I was a kid, we had metal T-shaped structures with lines between them, 3 or 4. Ts were placed in concrete footings, lines were at ~ the height the smallest responsible person in the household could reach comfortably. Dutch side-walk type pavers "tegels" were under the "system", against digging your feet in the sandy soil.
--
Best regards
Han
Matt wrote:

Stilts. ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Now THAT'S thinking outside the box!

Instead of a set of steps, how about a 4 wheeled cart to hold the laundry with a two step ladder on the end. A ladder rail to lean against for balance, to hold the clothes pin bag and to push the cart along, Wouldn't be any more ungainly than dragging around a set of steps, laundry basket, and pin bag, This way, you just roll everything along instead of carrying it all CC

So, you have more than one line!
Heck with carrying or pushing anything. You want your wheeled contraption off the ground, not on it. A stationary platform will work if you double-up the lines and install pulleys at each end. After you hang a piece, real the line and pin the next piece. Reverse the process to remove the items. The knot in each circuit should be at the start of your hanging.
Sonny
Lots of good ideas - thanks for the help
The clothes line (2 actually) are on pulleys, and the platform is intended to be stationary. I like the idea of the railing with the basket holder. The patio table is so close, that there is no need for the beverage holder - but it is very good suggestion.
The stilts idea would be easy to implement, but, since there are a number of people of varying heights, who do laundry here, I would need several sets, and a rack to keep them in, aside from the potential hazard if used concurrently with the beverages, adding a new dimension to fall down drunk