Looking for Coffee Table Ideas.

I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some ideas or designs if possible. It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this point. I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks
Keith (in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com) said:
| I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would | like some ideas or designs if possible. | It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers | at this point. I was going to do it using walnut.
Ok. I suggest rectangular, oval, or free-form top.
(You might at least tell us something about the rest of the room, how the table will actually be used, how much time you want to spend on it, ...)
said:

Also 1,3, 4, 5 or 6 legs depending on size and shape.
DAGS on "coffee table" and have fun - lot's of good pictures;

Use a hand saw, table saw, or band saw for most of the cuts.
Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around 50" across. Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room is what ever people have given them. They have only be married a year now so style is open but I was leaning toward mission style. I was also looking at putting a shelf in and no drawers.
They wanted a shelf so

Keith (in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com) said:
| Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around | 50" across. Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room | is what ever people have given them. They have only be married a | year now so style is open but I was leaning toward mission style. I | was also looking at putting a shelf in and no drawers.
Good choice (I happen to really like mission furniture)
Try this link: http://www.google.com/search?&hl=en&q=free+mission+coffee+table+plan to find a bunch of references. One of 'em should get you started. If you drop the "free" you'll get even more choices.
If you have difficulties along the way, this is a good place to get specific kinds of help.

WOW! I hope they have a big living room.

Here's one I made for my living room. It's about 24 x 36.
http://www.milmac.com/Furniture/GlassTopCoffeeTable.JPG
--
Regards,
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Hmmm .... looks just like one I made, only with fewer mistakes:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/CoffeeTable.gif
It is a nice coffee table plan, combining old and new styling. I've had many opportunities to either reproduce it, or sell this one ... so far successfully resisted.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

I bet we got our plans from the same place... Yours looks great. Nice job.
--
Regards,
http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/tables/coffee0001.png

some
point.
Check out this beast! A pop up mechanism that will make a cool dining/coffee table. I have one of these, and haven't got it built yet. SWMBO says I have to get rolling on it right after the x-mas presents are done. :-) Good Luck Lyndell
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p@573&cat=3,43586,43594

Keith wrote:

Here's the coffee table I designed and built
http://www.areddy.net/wood/coffee%20table/index.htm
They have removable tiles which are just held in by gravity. It allows you to change the appearance AND to put drinks on it without coasters.
"Larry Bud" wrote in message

That's one gorgeous piece of design and execution, Larry ... worthy of a spot in FWW.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05
Keith wrote:

Keith and others with similar questions, If you are looking for ideas, do a Google IMAGE search. Here's 205,000 ideas. Sam
http://images.google.com/images?q=coffee+table&hl=en
"Sam" wrote in message

Does Google still have their 1000 hit/link limit?
Inquiring minds ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05
Swingman wrote:

Apparently so. It went up to 896 and with the "omitted results included" it went to 994. Is there any way around the limit? 994 is plenty, but since they said 205,000 exist, if they won't let me see the other 204,006 I will feel empty, cheated, bereft of hope or happiness. Sam
"Sam" wrote in message

205,000
Pisser ain't it ... like everything else these days, it appearances that count. Go have a drink, or buy a tool ... it'll soothe that tortured soul.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05