Looking for Birdtable plans

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a good site for Birdtable plans?

I'm trying to find simple projects for a youth group to attempt to raise funds.

Thanks in advance

Kev

Reply to
jim

I'm not sure what a bird table is, but check out this web page for plans:

stoutman

A bird table is basically a feeding table for birds, usually with some form a decorative roof to allow the food to keep dry in the rain, don't know if they are called something different outside of the UK.

Thanks again Kev

Reply to
jim

Tue, Jan 3, 2006, 5:13pm (EST+5).@. (stoutman) puzzledly admits: I'm not sure what a bird table is,

Also known as a squirrel feeder.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Bird feeders.

Reply to
Charles Self

Yah. Great perch for those shotgun targets. Trouble is, my wife has gotten fond of what seems to be a pair that we have. Little bums eat more birdseed than a triple flock of birds.

Reply to
Charles Self

Just this morning two squirrels carried off the better part of 30 pounds of pecans out of a feed sack sitting on the back porch, with the damn cat watching.

Reply to
Swingman

Maybe the cat and the squirrel are in cahoots!!

Reply to
stoutman

Yahbut, what's in it for the cat?

Reply to
Swingman

Tue, Jan 3, 2006, 10:38pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Charles=A0Self) doth sayeth: Yah. Great perch for those shotgun targets.

C;mon Charlie, be nice. That's not sporting at all. Use a .22. Heh heh. You don't have to worry about biting a pellet that way.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Smart cats only watch squirrels. A squirrel will kick the crap out of them.

Reply to
CW

Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 5:25am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (CW) claimeth: Smart cats only watch squirrels. A squirrel will kick the crap out of them.

Must be sissy cats then.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Depends on the cat...

Ever see a Maine Coon Cat?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

"B a r r y" wrote

Lee Michaels

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

I've known some that could kick some serious ass. Squirrels would be simple warm-ups!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Biggest cat I ever saw was one I shot while out hunting one day.

Obviously a house cat gone wild that had survived.

Best guess was it weighed about 30-35 lbs.

BTW, no self respecting cat on the planet will take on a goose, especially one with a brood of goslings.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Cat hell, no self respecting farm boy will take on a brooding goose ... twice.

Reply to
Swingman

We have at least two resident bobcats up here in boonyville. See

for a photo. Yeah, yeah, and we have several of the motorized kind too. (see
sigh, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I used to have neighbors that used them as watchdogs. Really fast watchdogs that could fly.

Man, were those geese territorial!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y