Looking for Article from FWW #69

Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the great hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.

Thanks

Reply to
Doug Cook

Yes I have that issue in fromt of me with the subject article ,that issue also has an article on turned chair and stool spindles....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Doug,

I just finished some stools almost exactly like that. A customer saw similar stools in a store, but wanted them out of mesquite. I used this article for ideas for construction, but changed it around quite a bit and I changed the leg shape so it curved in at the bottom. I used ebony wedges in the through tenons. My prototype, I thought, was even better looking. It was Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) with Bloodwood rungs and strips in the seat with ebony wedges in the through tenons. I have the article in a MS Word doc. If you are going to build these stools, contact me by email. I may have a few hints and jigs to make the process easier.

The stools are very comfortable; nice looking with the right woods and the Owner loves them which is the most important thing.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Reply to
Carl McCarty

Doug,

Am having trouble sending the rest of the information on the stools. Keeps returning email saying it is spam.

Reply to
Preston Andreas

|> Thanks

I went to the trouble of scanning it and putting it on my web site. I emailed you (Doug) and told you it was there but got no response. It's gone now.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Sorry about that Wes. I don't remember getting the email, but I appreciate the effort. In all honesty I was a little overwhelmed by the response I got from a bunch of people. I have more than enough now. Thanks to all those who offered help. Let me know if I can return the favor!

Reply to
Doug Cook