Looking for a website

Hello all,
I thought I had bookmarked a site that I ran across on this group, but it appears that I did not. I'm looking to build myself a better workbench now that I'm in a permanent shop, and I know I saw a site by someone here that had a few ideas I was intending to incorporate. What I remember of the site was that the guy built his bench using only hand tools, and had his son build his own bench as well, also with hand tools only.
Anyone have any ideas which one I'm looking for? I did a Google search, but came up with about a billion links that were not what I was looking for.
Thanks!
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

This one?
<http://www.terraclavis.com/bws/beginners.htm
Although not the site you requested, there's a ton of info here on bench building. http://www.geocities.com/plybench/bench.html

There's a free plans info list of 91 links for building worktables and workbenches at http://woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?catH5

damn.. seems that his name might have been Bill? Might have been called "ultimate bench" or something like that, because it was like his 3rd or 4th bench..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:26:31 -0800, mac davis

I think that was the one... anyone got a link?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Found it- http://www.terraclavis.com/bws/benchu.htm . It was the "ultimate bench" string that got it. Thanks! Of course, looking at the page now, I can't imagine why I was looking for it. Hell, I'll just make the sucker, and quit messing around looking for whatever it was I was looking for. I think it was the 2 x 4 top that caught my attention the first time around.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

it was

I am planning to build this bench as my next major project. Please keep us informed of your progress and any observations you can make. Thanks.
- Owen -

There always seem to be some interesting and relatively informed discussions regarding bench building at woodcentral.com, in the handtools forum.
Patriarch
On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:31:04 -0600, the inscrutable Prometheus

Several plans are listed in Landis' "The Workbench Book". Find one at your local library/book store, or www.Amazon.com .

I don't recall which, but have you done a Google search on this newsgroup? Goto Google.com, click on the advanced search, sign in, and click Groups. Set the newsgroup to rec.woodworking and try "workbench son" in the query.
-------------------------------------------- Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels. http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design =====================================================

Won't work- the bit about his son making the bench was on the site, not the post. I'll keep on digging. Thanks to the folks with the other links- I'm looking for one specific feature that sounded really good, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:20:23 -0600, the inscrutable Prometheus

So don't just balk, search the Wreck for "workbench", whydoncha?

You thank the others but not me? See if I go out of my way for you again, Prommy.
-------------------------------------------- Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels. http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design =====================================================

Ah, I already have.

Pardon? Thank you for your input as well- I didn't intend to make you feel ignored, in my mind I was thanking all the folks who responded. Guess I missed the "as well" after "thanks" above. Long work days lead to small oversights sometimes. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Shortly (2 weeks aprox.) you will find free plans to build a custom-made workbench at www.bricomagic.com
You will not need to be an expert to build the workbench using only hand tools.
Hope this info is useful for you.
On 13 Feb 2005 07:42:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ya.com (David) wrote:

I'll probably give it a look when it's up, but I just finished the top, so I imagine it's going the be a done deal before you've got the site running. Took eight hours with a hand plane to get the sucker smooth and flat, but that's because I tried to do it one the cheap side, and used 2 x 4 framing timbers, and had to plane out all the rounded edges. Looks surprisingly good, though! Aut inveniam viam aut faciam