Looking for a used (not abused) cabinet saw in Minneapolis area

I am looking for my first table saw and would like to buy something that will last me a long time. 3 hp is plenty big enough for me. If you've got a nice saw that you no longer need, let me know. I'd love to take a look.

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
JJ

Sorry, I've got a 3.1 HP that I only want $3 for. Guess that will be to big for you.

Reply to
RayV

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

If it is like our local paper, 106 of the are Craftsman direct drive saws. The other a Montgomery Ward.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If the paper Ed is referring to is "The Bargain News", the one good saw would be 3-phase, the asking price would be nearly the new price, and the tool would be located in a bad section of The Bronx.

**
**

B A R R Y

You didn't say whether you wanted a "contractors" style saw or a cabinet saw.

Have you visited Peterson Machine at 3815 E Lake St, Mpls? (721-6661). I used to go there for small things while looking around at the Unisaws. They usually had 3 or more used ones for sale. I think they had a second store, right next to the one I gave the address for that was the used machinery place. It's been a number of years since I've been there, so call before you go to make sure they are still in the same place. I know you said "3 HP is big enough", but I recently bought a new Delta 1 3/4 hp hybrid cabinet saw w/Biesmeyer fence for about $1200, and it seems pretty nice.

in western Wisconsin, Pete Stanaitis

JJ wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Read the subject line again

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Except in the "topic" part... sorry, had to say that..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Pat Barber

Pat,

No thanks. That guy has been trying to sell that saw for about four months. I am not particularly interested in it, although yes, it is a cabinet saw. I'd prefer a saw with cast iron extensions instead of stamped steel. And a newer Biesmeyer-style is also something I'm looking for.

Thanks for looking though.

Jeff

Reply to
JJ

Yes, as others have pointed out, I'd like a cabinet saw as it states in my subject line.

I have not been to Peterson yet, although I may swing by soon. Someone else mentioned them when I took my jointer knives in to be sharpened at Eide. By the way, if you need blades, bits, or knives sharpened, I would recommend Eide highly. They were VERY helpful and friendly. And prices are good. They are over in NE Mpls (near Youngblood Lumber).

Regarding the hybrids, yes, I'd consider a hybrid (delta, grizzly and jet all seem to have nice ones). the only thing is that not many people are selling used hybrids yet as they are relatively new still.

I guess I could always buy new, but I'm so dang cheap (wait, I think frugal is a better word!) I just don't know if I could go through with it. :) Haha.

Jeff

Reply to
JJ

Yes, most of the stuff that shows up on craigslist is garbage. Although I did see a Grizzly 1023SL last week in savage. It sold VERY fast. I guess I need to be quicker!

Jeff

Reply to
JJ