Looking for a router lift. Any suggestions?

I have Bosch and Dewalt fixed based routers. Either can be mounted as a permanent unit.

I am really intrested in what you don't like about the one you have. I am sure they all work.

Thanks.

Reply to
rllipham

I have a Bosch 1617EVS mounted in the Benchdog table with lift.

The table was a gift but I had a choice in what I wanted. Benchdog seemed to have all the features I wanted even though the lift was not included at the time. Some months later I added the lift.

It has been about a year now and I cant find a real negative about the lift. The top of the plate has a mark in it so when making adjustments you can use it as a reference point on the dial. If the light is not right it can be a little hard to see at a quick glance. I'm sure I can highlight it better but I've not gotten around to doing it.

It comes with a speed wrench that I use for making adjustments. To run it to the top for a bit change, I use a hex socket with 1/4" drive mounted in my drill. I'd buy it again. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yah'but, once you've mounted one you'll probably not un-mount it so make up your mind carefully. Don't Ask Me How I Know This.

For now the router lifts are looking to be something similar to after market fences for your table saw. In other words, it's hard to compare them as one is very much as good as the other.

As always, Your Mileage May Vary.

If I had a medium duty router I would look very hard at the JessEm (what a crappy name, ehh?) FX. Seems to me for the price (under $two hunnert) you really can't go wrong.

UA100, who owns one of the more expensive lifts and has yet to have even a hint of buyer's remorse...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Keith,

how's the "ultimate router table" coming along, finished yet?

Reply to
Greg Millen

sigh...

The grand scheme was, take it to work and paint it there. I could slip into the paint room on my way out for the night and throw a coat on and get in early the next morning and slide it out of the way. Trouble is, we went to two shifts and the above isn't working out. 'Sides, ever see what paint looks like after I've sprayed it?

sigh (Part II)...

Anyway, where it is right now/here in time and space is, the base sits comfortably downstairs in KeeterShoppeY2K Plus IV as do the doors. The cabinet is still at work partially painted and covered with a tarp. In the mean time a friend had his Unisaw (about the same size as the An Ultimate Router Table) painted at a local shop for $50 and I'm thinking it may not be too stoopid to cart AURT over there and let them top coat it (after I've de-runned it/rubbed out what I've done so far).

This all of course was supposed to be done mid-January (this year).

sigh (Part III)...

In the mean time, the Go To Hell Router Table ($0 out of pocket/2 hours to build) continues to hold the router lift and big ass Porter-Capable router and performs most nicely though the top isn't near as flat as Roger Cliffe's shaper.

sigh (Part IV)...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100