Looking for a good bandsaw book

I added on to an earlier posting by someone asking questions about bandsaw blades. The original poster was about to purchase a Griz 14" bandsaw. I will also be buying one sometime this year and I had asked about good books for the bandsaw. I received recommendations to get the DVD "Mastering Your Bandsaw" by Mark Duginske. Rather than buy it I got it out of our library system so I could check it out first. It was quite good but a litle short on tuning up a band saw. I make that comment not actually OWNING a bandsaw of course so maybe I am wrong. I go to woodworking shows and everyone is selling replacement guides etc. There was very little in the DVD about that. Mark Duginske also has a book "The Bandsaw Handbook" which is not in our library system. For those of you who have the book can you give me your opinion of it?
TIA
Dick Snyder

It's universally regarded as being THE bandsaw bible.
jc

from Amazon a few minutes ago.
Dick
I bought that book just before I bought my first bandsaw and found it to be very helpful. It left no questions unanswered for me.
cm

[...]

None better. It's the bible of bandsaw books.

Mine is a paperback (8.5x11 size), same author and his brother (I think). "Band Saw Basics" is the title. It (and a bunch of wood through the saw) has been all I've ever needed. I'm far from an expert, though.
Ed
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 23:25:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I agree and would also recommend The Bandsaw Book by Lonnie Bird.
Lenny
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 22:19:20 GMT, "Dick Snyder"

"The Bandsaw Book" by M.Duginske is very good. There are all sorts of "upgrades" that can be done to a bandsaw, but knowing how to do a bandsaw tuneup quickly is a very good skill to master. Mark also has a video worth watching.

I always like to recommend that you contact Louis Iturra for one of his catalogs. It reads like a book and contains some interesting history of these saws and what to consider when buying used equipment. He is free with his information and sells a pretty good product but then, I'm not a connoisseur of blades. Call Louis and talk with him a bit. He'll steer you to the right blade config and he can make blade cut to any custom length. 888.722.7078 Oh yea, I don't know Lou and I don't have anything to gain in recommending him. Later, Chuck