Looking for a "deeper" wood vice

This is the wood vice I have now. It works great except that sometimes I need to hold a part in it that requires the "jaws" to be taller.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Wood-Vise-6-/G8966
What happens is that the part hits the guide rods and screw mechanism at the bottom of the jaws and I can't properly hold the part.
Does anyone know where I can get a wood vice with "taller" jaws?
Otherwise, I may just make my own...
Thank you for any help you can offer.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R

Take a look at the Emmert clone that Woodcraft offers <http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2003516/3008/WoodRiver-Pattern-Makers - Vise.aspx>. The jaws are about 2 inches deep in the "normal" position, about 3-1/2 "upside down", and more than 8 inches sideways.
There are some tricks to using it and it's a bit fiddly to keep adjusted but I consider it money well spent.
For about the same money you can get the Lee Valley twin-screw mechanism <http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?pE114&cat=1,41659> that gives you jaws any size you want to make them and screws up to 2 feet apart.

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Add facing to the inside of the jaws of the height needed?
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA