Looking an "Older Style" Unifence Cursor

I just broke my last Unifence Cursor. The illustration of the ones listed on eReplacements are not like mine. I'm assuming that I have an older style fence that required a slightly different cursor.

On the "newer style", the cursor is attached with vertical screws. On mine, the screws are horizontal - facing the front of the saw.

Does anyone either 1) have one of these - and is willing to sell it, or 2) know where it is available?

Thanks ... Joel

Reply to
joeljcarver

e, the screws are horizontal - facing the front of the saw.

) know where it is available?

Make one. I have both the old and new Unifence. My old cursor broke, $9 + shipping for a replacement, 10-15 yrs ago. I made one out of a small plas tic box/container, the kind that holds screws, finishing nails, sewing pins , etc. Carve/trim the box to fit, score lines on the face for the referen ce marks, highlight the score marks with a pencil.

In this pic, mine was made from a fairly thick(?) walled container, similar to the sewing pin container, shown. The sewing pin container is kinna thi n walled, so search for a box with thick(?) walls & face.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Come to think of it, screws, nails, etc. may not come in those plastic containers, anymore. I may have used a fish hook container, back then.

That kind of clear plastic has gotten dull, cloudy looking, over time, so sometimes I have to look close to see my alignments, but it works just fine.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Can't you just take a piece of plexiglass or lexan? Drill it, and scribe it. Once scribed use a red sharpie to fill the scribe line.

Reply to
woodchucker