LOOK here ...

Page 3 of 3

Leon wrote:

I don't know how many flooring nails I've cut with the "Universal E-cut" blade--several hundred at least--and the first blade is still cutting fine. Note, by the way, that with the round blades, the entire circumference is not used for cutting--if you wear out a spot you should be able to rotate the blade a few degrees and go right back to work.
Get the XL/Top (it's called one thing in the US and the other in Canada) kit and if you're going to be cutting nails an extra package of Universal E-cuts and you should be set for a long time.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Thanks I keep that in mind.

It is a lot of money for a tool that I probably would not use very much. I just may take you up on the offer when I start doing outside repairs again. Thank you sir.

I have used a Multi Router to make 15 or so doors . . . so yes it works fine . . . loose tenons . . . I don't use it for raised panels, but it's fantastic for the stile/rail tenon joinery . . .
Rick http://www.thunderworksinc.com
"Rick" wrote in message

Beautiful work, Rick.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06
"CW" wrote in message

It depends on the point of reference. If viewed from the opposite side, a clocks rotation would be counter clockwise.

Multi-router is, in fact, correctly using the "three dimensional Cartesian Coordinate System" to describe the axis' of their machine, instead of the two dimensional, "rectangular Cartesian coordinate system".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

"CW" wrote in message

Bullshit! ... it just gives you something on which to attempt to show your imagined superiority.
All anyone else needs to know is that the three tables move up and down, left and right, and in and out, respectively.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

No, not at all. Look it up.
Finally got to spend a full afternoon in the shop working on a personal project with the Multi-router. What previously took days to accomplish on this prototype chair frame was done in the space of a few hours.
www.e-woodshop.net/project10.htm
... almost makes you forget the late July heat.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Maybe you didn't mention it or were purposely avoiding saying so. What did the multi-router cost you? Had a look on their website but all it states is to phone them for purchase information. That scares me.
"Upscale" wrote in message

I figured most folks were aware that the price is, indeed, considered scary when contemplated for use by the average, garage shop, woodworker ... $2699 for the basic unit, no templates, no router, no bits, no stand.
Highland Hardware is one of the few retailers, and they just act as a middleman.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID 52
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Looking at some of the prices of wrenches and stuff in an earlier thread, I guess that price doesn't seem all that bad. The payoff is that you appear to like the ease that it does some things. At the very least, it eases the cry-once experience.
"Upscale" wrote in message

It's all relative ... not being afraid to invest in excellent tools pays, in both time spent, and in a better end product.
I still own a recording studio and paying twice the Multi-router price for a good microphone is something I wouldn't give a second thought to ... and it would take $12,000 to pry the bass I continue to play out of my hands, which has made me many times that figure down through the years.
I've yet to talk/exchange messages with a Multi-router owner who hasn't stated that the machine has paid for itself and then continues to make them money. In my case, and particularly since woodworking paid for it, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have plans for it to do the same for me.
Of course, "The best laid plans ..." ... but you gotta take risks to get anywhere in this world.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

jigs and having found success with using the Multirouter that the bitter pill of buying the Multirouter may soon be forgotten. It's really neat to have a more exotic tool in the shop that accomplishes something with much less effort and far more precision. Enjoy.

And it may well be the only thing us mere mortals will ever do that is the same as Dick Marks.

So uh, you don't see a Lexington class air craft carrier "Jointer" in your future? LOL.
David Marks and I both use the same type air hose IIRC. ;~)