Look for a good setup to cutting 1/8" slot it 1/4" laminate flooring

I have couple hundred sf of laminate flooring odds and ends that I wanted to do some inlays with. My router and table combo wouldn't cut right - too much end play on the router and table too small to hold down the laminate flat. I have a larger router table to try it on but what would be a reasonable router to do accurate work?
# Fred # wrote:

Router in table or table saw would be the ways to go. A table saw blade is a 1/8" kerf and may do the trick. Problem with your router/table set-up could be the fence or bit too. 1/8" is pretty small. Maybe you are getting bit deflection?