Longevity of shop-built jigs

Page 2 of 2

Thu, Aug 17, 2006, 1:01am snipped-for-privacy@dontemailme.com (Leuf) doth beat his chest and query: <snip> Do I just suck at jig building or <snip>
Apparently.
I make mine from plywood, laminated if need be, and have no problems. Plywood runners on my old saw sled worked fine too,,for who knows how long, until I tore it apart to make a new one to meet new needs.
JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:01:03 -0600, Leuf wrote

Humidity aside, another thing to watch out for is to build your saw jigs _after_ aligning your table saw.....