Long Trimmer Router Bit.

Try expanding your search for a spiral upcut bit...

I sure wouldn't want to use a 1/4" diameter regular bit with a 2" cut depth....it just wouldn't last long.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Some time back, I looked for such a bit. Also posted here. Never found such a bit. The good suggestions from here: Use a shorter bit with the bearing at the top and make one series of passes for the first 1" using the template and then do another series of passes for the lower 1" using the top 1" as the template. HTH.

Reply to
igor

Start looking here:

need a 50-138.

That length is not available in 1/4", which would be dangerous.

S.T> Hi

Reply to
Pat Barber

Hi I am looking for a ¼" trimmer router bit that has a blade length over 2" or a bit that has the bush at the top. I have searched the net but to no avail and so I would be greatfull for any information.

Reply to
S.Topp

I assume you are looking for a flush trim bit, you won't get a 2" one with a

1/2 inch shank but you can use the RCT351 available from Busy Bee Tools in Canada
This one has the bearing at the end near the router. Lee Valley has flush trim bits with the bearings at the other end. I use the two with a guide when I need to trim something less than 2" but more than one inch. I trim once with the bearing on the guide template with the busy bee bit then flip the piece over and trim with the lee valley bit now with the bearing riding on the surface just trimmed. Also busy bee has free shipping on router bits, at least in Canada.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Gibson

Reply to
Wilson

on-line shop, but you'll find their details on their home page and their telephone help/order is really top notch. I have a large router bit collection from them, all first class.

I'd be surprised if you found a 1/4" 2" long bit. Sounds dangerous...

I have a 1/2" shank, 3/4" diam. and 2" long cutting with both top and bottom bearings trimming bit and have used extensively. Still cuts like on day one.

Reply to
Woodworm

There are 3" & 4" solid carbide cutters x 1/4" CD x 1/4 shank; I have a couple. It is understood they are fragile and very operator technique sensitive. Chip clearance is difficult in deep excavations, and they break like glass. There is no bearing that will render this cutter a flush trimmer but bearings do exist with 1/4" bores. For best results here consider a guide collar. More on pattern bits at this link:

. And for long skinny dangerous cutters see southeasttool.com. Note the mfg. knows what he's doing and, as an industrial supplier, he expects the user does too.

Routerman P. Warner

Thanks to everyone for all the sudjestions.

Cheers

Reply to
S.Topp