Long Island woodworkers

Anyone know where to buy quarter sawn white oak in the LI area? Or near NYC. Seems to be no decent lumber supply yards around.
Thanks, Chris
Have you tried J&A Lumber in Ronkonkoma?
I don't know for sure that they carry QS White Oak, but they have quite a selection of hardwood and I'd be surprised if they didn't carry it.
Nice folks, too.

Chris, Also you could try Suburban Mills in Huntington Station. Harned Bros. Sawmill may saw it for you if green lumber is OK. It may be best to head for PA. I was down to Talarico Hardwoods last month. His showroom has the best samplings of anything I've ever seen. He will have your oak book matched if you want ,rough sawn. Also try Hearne Hardwoods in PA. They will size it for you. Good Luck.
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:43:45 GMT, john carlson <collector

john carlson wrote:

I've been to J&A and they definitely have QS White Oak.
Kevin
--
Kevin J. Morgan < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net>
The Long Island Woodturner's Association @ http://www.liwoodturners.com /

No, but know where to get plenty fo concrete and brick. Do they actually use wood in NYC?? :)
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.