Long Island woodworkers

Anyone know where to buy quarter sawn white oak in the LI area? Or near NYC. Seems to be no decent lumber supply yards around.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

Have you tried J&A Lumber in Ronkonkoma?

I don't know for sure that they carry QS White Oak, but they have quite a selection of hardwood and I'd be surprised if they didn't carry it.

Nice folks, too.

john carlson

Chris, decides to chip in.

No, but know where to get plenty fo concrete and brick. Do they actually use wood in NYC?? :)

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
klaatu

Try Adriatic in Brooklyn

I've been to J&A and they definitely have QS White Oak.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Morgan