Lockwood dyes - water based

After you mix up a batch of water based aniline dye, how long is it good for? Does it have a lifespan, or can you just mix up a whole quart and save what you don't use for a week, a month or a year? I've not found an answer on the web yet. Thanks.

JP

Reply to
Mark Whittingham

I have some Lockwood dyes I mixed up about 3 years ago and they were still good whe I used the last of it 2 months ago. I did store them in amber glass 1 gallon jugs in a dark cool place.

Reply to
me