Local White Cedar

I want to build some outdoor furniture from white cedar, but just try to find some. I gave up real early on the sub-super stores. Plenty of pine and pt'd wood, but no cedar other than shingled and clapboard. Tried a number of smaller lumber suppliers, but they looked at me like I had two heads........"We got redwood, need a second mortgage to get it though." Anyone know of a supplier here in the Northeast that sells cedar? I got a quote from a Canadian supplier. Are you sitting down? $62 and change for the small order, $50 customs, $19 tariff.........!!!!!
If you'd consider Eastern Red Cedar check out Eastern Red Cedar products at http://www.cedarusa.com /

and
of
change
I'm confused. The wood is "local," but there are no local mills to use it?
I'd let my fingers do a bit more walking. Buy it from the sawmill, sticker indoors (warm) this winter, work in March (4/4).

and
of
change
I thought it was sort of strange that I can't find wood that has grown around hear for ages. What I was told at one lumber supply is that commercial companies buy up all that available for their needs leaving nothing for me. I guess checking with a sawmill might just be the answer. Thanks, Dave
And that was 62 for the wood 50 for customs and 19 tariff for $131 from Canada

number
That's really the only answer. It would cost more to ship from Michigan to the east than the cost of the wood, if my UPS calculator is correct.

How about Alaskan Yellow Cedar?
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite