Live Free or Die Antique Tool Auction

The auction in the subject line came to Indianapolis this weekend--besides for taking absentee bids, it looks like they also visit Avoca, NY and Nashua, NH which I believe is their home base. This was my first visit.
They sold over 800 items today in less than 3 1/2 hours (fast).
Lots of quality items, mostly sold with quality prices. Due to their "catalog" and absentee bids, many items started with "realistic" prices. If I was selling, they would be high on my list. I decided maybe someday I'll get a nice plow plane for the mantel, w/blades! An ivory marking gauge fetched $2600, and small ivory "folding rule" $500. Bench planes did not go cheap. Feeling a bit like a bottom feeder, I picked up 6 wooden molding planes for $35. I will learn from them, and they are a nice memento. I'll check and see if I can make room for some of them on the mantel...though my wife didn't share my enthusiasm when I suggested it. :)
Bill

Hence the "Live Free or Die" motto -- nevermind the home base.

Too obvious. Recycle about 8 inches of her romance novels and use the book shelf instead. Add only one plane at a time afterward, substituting it for another book. She'll never notice, trust me.