Little OT: 8' truck bed going away

ANd assuming you can get into it. There hasn't been anything resembling a car or truck in mine for about 25 years - - - - .

Reply to
clare

What I think is funny is that the liberal push to small high gas mileage cars it the 1970 caused the creation of the mini van, SUV and the two seat pickup trucks. Today the SUV is one of the most hated cars on the high highway. Just the other day a rogue SUV carried its owner in front of a semi and killed its occupant, and caused a multi vehicle pile up in Indiana.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

------------------------------------------ "Keith Nuttle" wrote:

-------------------------------------- How about $5-$6/gallon gas reducing the demand for V-8 gas guzzlers which includes pick ups with a full 8 ft bed.

-------------------------------------------------- See above.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

They are available with sixes as well.

Reply to
clare

I don't think it is the SUV that people hate, but they seem to attract a higher percentage of idiot drivers than other vehicles. It is as if once you are in an SUV, the rules of the road and laws of physics no longer apply to you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm confused. $5-$6/gallon gas will speed up the process of placing a cap on a PU? Building a garage? Making sure there are two chickens in every garage?

Oh, and I'm quite sure that Obama will get it at *least* that high, which will make you giddy, I'm sure. I just don't see how it's relevant to hanging a truck cap from a garage ceiling or the statement that it's hard if there is no garage. Please elaborate.

Why do you think any president has any say in the price of oil? FYI, the U.S. is currently on course to produce more oil and gas than the Saudis by 2020. If we're not drilling fast enough to suit you it's more than likely because there isn't an idle rig to be found with all the shale plays currently in the equation. But then, WTF do you know.

Dave in Texas

Reply to
Dave In Texas

I'm confused. $5-$6/gallon gas will speed up the process of placing a cap on a PU? Building a garage? Making sure there are two chickens in every garage?

Oh, and I'm quite sure that Obama will get it at *least* that high, which will make you giddy, I'm sure. I just don't see how it's relevant to hanging a truck cap from a garage ceiling or the statement that it's hard if there is no garage. Please elaborate.

Why do you think any president has any say in the price of oil? FYI, the U.S. is currently on course to produce more oil and gas than the Saudis by 2020. If we're not drilling fast enough to suit you it's more than likely because there isn't an idle rig to be found with all the shale plays currently in the equation. But then, WTF do you know.

Dave in Texas

Reply to
Dave In Texas

Soccer Mon's running late.

But speaking of which, have you notice that mini vans are the new speed wagons?

Reply to
Leon

We could do without 50% of the mouth breathing idiots we see on the freeways around here ... and even sadder is that they vote.

That hail hit you yet? You may need to duck ...

Reply to
Swingman

Bush made it at *least* that high, and it went back down (I paid $6/gallon at El Portal in 2007).

Adjusted for inflation, it was higher in the 70's ($1.50 in 1975 is 6.18 today). The current high prices are because refineries are off-line doing maintenance; not sure how either that, or the current spot market price for a BBL of oil can be attributed to any president, given that congress makes laws and the soi disant free market sets prices. In fact, one of the factors that will lead to higher prices is the ag-lobbies insistence on forcing the refineries to use expensive ethanol instead of just using cleaner petroleum products, which reduces the energy content of a gallon of gas and wastes the corn. A dry summer this year will seriously affect gas prices, food prices and others because of the stupid ethanol rules (Energy Policy Act of 2005, Energy Independence Act of 2007).

All of which was mandated by congress and the ag lobby.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Drive a Jeep for a while any you may start to believe that yourself! :)

Reply to
Larry W

All 4WD does is get you farther from help

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:ri2jh8p2qh0j6fsbs2sq1nnul8kolu92ld@

4ax.com:

A winch does no good if it's sunk under 2' of mud.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Why don't you learn to post?

The President does have considerable say. No drilling => high prices. I suppose you've also heard of "carbon taxes".

Is that why Obama chased the Gulf oil rigs away?

Obviously a lot more than your typical lefty.

Reply to
krw

Obviously more than someone who is totally clueless (can't even post to a newsgroup).

Reply to
krw

Why don't you give up on the non sequiturs?

We're drilling right, left and sideways. President doesn't control drilling.

Non sequitur number 2.

Of which there is no nationwide carbon tax in the United States.

Non sequitur number three. You're out.

That hasn't been shown.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The only knowledge you have is the fantasy in your feeble mind.

Reply to
Dave

Why don't you learn to post?

The President does have considerable say. No drilling => high prices. I suppose you've also heard of "carbon taxes".

Is that why Obama chased the Gulf oil rigs away?

Obviously a lot more than your typical lefty.

The self-anointed blowhard has spoken.

Reply to
Dave in Texas

Did you forget about Obama halting gulf drilling in the Gulf of Mexico when BP lost control of their rig 3 years ago?

Leon

Did you forget about Obama halting gulf drilling in the Gulf of Mexico when BP lost control of their rig 3 years ago?

That's almost three years ago. The U.S. is producing more oil today than it has in decades. By 2020 the U.S. is projected to pass the Saudis in oil/gas exports.

U.S. oil production grew more in 2012 than in any year in the history of the domestic industry, which began in 1859, and is set to surge even more in 2013. Don't believe it? How's about the CIA?

Big Oil continues to rake in record profits, free enterprise and the unrestricted market place is what all you conservatives crave and it's what you're getting. JFC, WTF do you people want?

Dave in Texas

Reply to
Dave in Texas