Little Giant Ladders - Requesting Feedback

I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility, and value would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Fitz

hi I have had one for three years and I like it. but I purchased it because I weigh 365 pounds and its rated for 600. I have used it as a aframe and at angles, its stable and solid.

Len

Reply to
leonard

My wife has a LG that she used for 5 years in the HVAC business and 5 more years bouncing around in her truck in the home building business. It is banged up a bit but still very stable. LG sent us a kit for the locking hubs for free when one broke. (the plastic knob cracked)

Reply to
gfretwell

My father and B-i-l both bought them, I've used theres and like it for general use. I just wish they had taller models for my needs.

Reply to
Randal

Excellent purchase. Very stable, flexibility is superb. It is rather heavy though. If you decide to get the accessories, get them off ebay.

Russ

Reply to
Russ

We have had our Little Giant over twenty years now. One of our best investments ever. Our top half has a bar handle to pull out to adjust the spread. (Little Giant sent us an upgrade kit to install a round knob for easier release. Installing that upgrade is on my To-Do-List but it hasn't made it to the top in a bunch of years.)

We used it to paint our houses, inside and out and took the top half to the launch ramp to climb in our boat before and after we launched. (Note: we replaced the top half after driving off with our boat and leaving the ladder in the parking lot. Buying a new top half from the manufacturer was smooth and without hassle. It was reasonably priced.)

When painting, we split it into two sections and use it with 2x12 planks. Extended, we use it to clean the leaves off our roof/screen enclosure.

I've climbed the Little Giant when I weighted 330 lbs and never felt uncomfortable on the ladder. It is solid!

We have lived close to the Atlantic coast since before we bought the Little Giant. We normally keep it in the garage or in a garden shed. We have left it outside for a couple, three weeks on more than one occasion. No corrosion!

Our neighbors love it also. Any serious work and they ask to borrow it.

My Little Giant is exceptionally well made. There is one flaw! One and only one flaw! The older we get, the heavier the ladder is.

It will out last us. I know our son will enjoy it when we're gone. I believe our grandson too, at some point.

The usual disclaimers on affiliation apply. I'm just an extremely pleased owner.

Jack Flatley Jacksonville, Florida

-- I've never learned anything from someone who agreed with me; but I can learn something from those who disagree with me.

Reply to
John Flatley

The Little Giant ladder is a great ladder. I have one and I also have the Home Depot, "Gorilla", clone of the Little Giant. Personally I do not see any advantage of the Little Giant over the Home Depot clone, the Gorilla. The gorilla is MUCH cheaper.

Reply to
Leon

I bought mine at a home show. I ended up getting the 19' model for $279 delivered and he threw in the accessory step.

Reply to
Leon

I have one of those clones from Menards, and it's a "A" rated ladder with pretty much all the features, for about a hundred twenty. I've used it in the "M" configuration as a mini scaffold, and intend to get another so I can have a taller version using the two ladders when it comes time to paint the house again.

Saves those sudden feelings of anxiety as you're working up in the air, feel the ladder shift a bit, and notice that your beneficiary is holding the base steady....

Reply to
George

I have one - I find it to be excellent as a stepladder, especially its capability on uneven surfaces. As an extension ladder, I still prefer my fiberglass. At full extension, I find that the 19' Little Giant has quite a bit of the "hula effect". Side-to-side motion that I'm not too comfortable with 18' off the ground.

Reply to
gw

flexibility,

Donchyaknow that you're not supposed to be 18 feet off the ground on a ladder? Being up that high on anything other than a tree stand is down right immoral, maybe even not right!

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I checked the "Little Giant" web site and even their Type 1AA ladder (their strongest) is only rated at 375 lb.

no(SPAM)vasys

"Fitz" wrote in news:vJhWe.3647$1G4.562651 @news20.bellglobal.com:

Yep. Absolutely. Wondered why we took so long to get it and couldn't dream of not having it. We actually bought it before the infomercials started, but it's one of those things that are as good as advertised.

Only nit is the platform accessory doesn't work if you're tilted over a bit (the ladder isn't set up as a symetric A). The platform itself is tilted so it's hard to stay on.

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee

Have had one for > ten years. Love it. Overpriced. Still worth it.

The less expensive clones at the borg "look" like them, but they keep them packaged, so I've never been able to look one over closely to see how they really compare.

Reply to
LRod

"Fitz" wrote in news:vJhWe.3647$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

I love mine. I also own a couple of fiberglass Werners. The 4 footer gets used all the time. The 8 footer once in a while. Anything the little fiberglass ladder won't do, I use the Little Giant now.

Solid as a rock. Just don't fall off of one, like the neighbor did last weekend. Compound wrist fracture, broken in 4 places. 10 weeks of daytime television...

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

"Leon" wrote in news:SXjWe.1163$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Little Giant - Made in the USA. Springville, Utah, last time I looked.

Gorrilla - ???

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I've got the cheaper clone by "Gorilla" I believe. Got it from HD. Half the price and to be quite honest, it's worked just fine. Very stable and solid. Made overseas but these days, who cares where it's made....how it's made is important and it appears the Gorilla ladders are pretty well made too. Cheers, cc

Reply to
Cubby

I use one frequently. It's versatile and very high quality. I found the best deal on

Of course there are different models but I paid around $250 or so American no sales tax and no shipping.

JB

Reply to
Jeff Bennett

China or Taiwan IIRC. Yes I did not pay an extra $200 to have the USA stamp on it this time. Every bit as heavy duty though and parts interchange between the two.

Reply to
Leon

Well that is normal for just about any ladder, I know EXCEPT yours. The top of the ladder should never be lower than between you knees and you waist.

Reply to
Leon