LITTLE BOXES

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak, utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just waiting for inspiration!
http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1
FoggyTown

Very nice! I really like the contrast of the different woods.
I bet the womenfolk really like you!
Whart are you lining the boxes with?
Lee Michaels wrote:

Thank you. So far I've only used crushed or plain velvet to line with. Seems to work well. And yes, the girls do like them!
FoggyTown

Very nice!
That's what I was going to learn but got the damn turning bug... Mac
mac davis wrote:

For some reason I've never had the urge to try turning. It just doesn't appeal to me and I'm sure that my "total woodworking experience" suffers thereby.
A bowl is just a box with no corners!
FoggyTown