liquid hide glue

There's a Canuck blog called "The Gods of the Copybook Headings" ...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

So the problem is that you can't get commercially-prepared liquid hide glue in Pakistan?

Reply to
Silvan

There are so many. I'm partial to the "history of England" ones, especially the pre-conquest ones. Some of the ones from Puck of Pooks Hill are great. Hearthsong of the Dane Women is a favorite, as is The Sons of Martha and The Last of the Light Brigade.

Have you ever read his travel books? His trip through America especially. The US and Canada through the eyes of an improper Victorian :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

"This is no common earth, nor water wood or air but Merlin's isle of Grammery where you and I must fare."

Yeah, I have read some of his travel books. Along with a _lot_ of his fiction.

Problem is, a lot of his stuff leaves me ambivalent. He was a great poet -- when he chose to be -- and a wonderful storyteller, but by our standards he was basically not a very nice person. You might say he possessed both the virtues and faults of Victorian/Edwardian England to fine, high excess.

--RC

rcook5

?prodcat=1> It's stored in a bottle, ready for immediate use.

otherwise

Reply to
SaeedCh

otherwise

Reply to
SaeedCh

I know glue making in detail as I served for 20 years in a quality hide glue factory in a senior position.The problum is to make liquid hide glue to avoid daily heating.

Reply to
SaeedCh

I know glue making in detail as I served for 20 years in a quality hide glue factory in a senior position.The problum is to make liquid hide glue to avoid daily heating for making furniture..

Reply to
SaeedCh

yes of course you undrstand the problum.

Reply to
SaeedCh

Fri, Jan 21, 2005, 11:01pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SaeedCh) says: I know glue making in detail as I served for 20 years in a quality hide glue factory in a senior position.The problum is to make liquid hide glue to avoid daily heating.

Ah. I don't know how to make it either, altho it might be on the web, somewhere. But, would milk (caesin) glue work for you instead? There are recipes for that on the web.

I don't think I ever read what you want to glue.

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

Can't argue with that, but there's the question of fairness in judging him by todays standards. And in fact he seemed to have a higher opinion of the Empire's subject races than a lot of his contemporaries.

And I've noted that a lot of highly talented people have been arrogant SOBs or at least had unconventional social habits. Seems to go with the territory. I try to just enjoy their talents, since I don't have to put up with them in person :-).

Come to think of it, I was probably in the top 1% of computer programmers in my day, and I was a PITA to a lot of folks. Tarred with my own brush :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

It's not so much a question of judging Kipling as it is that some of his attitudes grate on me. Kipling was what he was and as with any historical figure, you simply accept that.

--RC

rcook5

Q: Do you like Kipling? A: Don't know. I never Kippled. :-)

har de har, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Did he write "Roses are red, violets are blue....?" :)

Reply to
Silvan

It goes like this:

Roses are red, Violets are purple. Sugar is sweet, So's maple surple.

(thanks to Roger Miller)

Reply to
jo4hn

Roger Miller? I thought that was Shakespeare?

Reply to
Silvan

I have and his fondant fancies are wonderful!

"He does make exceedingly good cakes!"

Niel.

Reply to
Badger

Thankyou JOAT,SILVAN,and ANDY for your response.The others are discussing Kippling under the title Liquid Hide Glue.See You Again. SaeedCh

Reply to
SaeedCh